Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N0SA PADDLES Help

Reviews Summary for N0SA PADDLES
N0SA  PADDLES Reviews: 54 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $210. USD
Description: High quality dual and single lever paddles. Designed and built in the USA using a combination of CNC and manually operated machinery along with hand finishing and polishing to produce high performance CW instruments for the Ham radio community.
More info: http://www.n0sa.com

You can write your own review of the N0SA PADDLES.

W3KC Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2014 09:17 Send this review to a friend
TSP Single Lever Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Limited run TSP-a (with brass supports for the tension and contact screws and optional black steel base).
Small, precisely machined, easily adjusted.
Smooth operation with a very nice feel.
Base or portable - this paddle is little gem.

N7XM Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2013 06:36 Send this review to a friend
wonderful designs   Time owned: more than 12 months
These are great paddles in compact
very precise design
I have the standard size and the traveling
mini iambic paddles both

Larry does great work !

K6MJR Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2013 20:32 Send this review to a friend
True Works of Art!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I feel that I am very fortunate to have recently acquired both a TP (S/N 138) and SP (S/N 139) paddles from Larry. I believe they are some of the last keys he has built. These are just wonderful precision instruments. Excellent fit, finish, and feel. I am very proud and honored to own these fine keys. If you are able to get your hands on one, you will be glad you did!

K9GS Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2013 12:19 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic and Smooth  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a brand new TP paddle recently. In a few words, it is especially well made and beautiful to look at.

Adjustment is extremely fine and it holds its settings perfectly.

The TP has a relatively small footprint but heavy and the soft rubber feet keeps it in place on the operating table.

I'm still playing to find the perfect setting but this is one paddle that will be with me for a LONG time.

Gary K9GS

VA2DW Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2013 16:53 Send this review to a friend
outstanding portable dual lever esp paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi everybody,
Just want to share my view and experience of just received that little jewel engineered by Larry Nauman N0SA.
I already have one from Larry which is single lever
magnetic paddle and enjoying it daily with a great pleasure but this new portable one drives me crazy so from now on it is #1 in my collection and I would say that it beats all other brands that I have and tested during my 58 years of cw
experience. Just wish that Larry would have
engineered this one long ago for us cw operators instead of wasting funds on different other paddles that are not in the same league at all however double priced somehow.

Concluding that comment I would highly
recommend this esp portable mini paddle
for cw ham operators. The price is right and
the quality is super so what we need more?
Anyway try it and you would not be disappointed
but very much pleased and happy camper as am I.

Toly
va2dw

W4RK Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2013 17:51 Send this review to a friend
Beautifully Integrated Craftsmanship  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I met Larry, N0SA, through the Summits on the Air (SOTA) program and found out quite by accident that he had been making paddles. Although Larry was not actively seeking orders, I learned that he had one of his TP series and one of his ESP series paddles still in stock. One look at his website convinced me that I wanted both, the TP for the shack and the ESP for field use. The website has beautiful high resolution photos of everything he makes so you can really see what you will be getting.
I received both paddles today and spent several hours enjoying both. My frame of reference is a Begali Signature which I have owned for over 5 years. The ESP is a scaled down version of the TP but gives up nothing in performance and feel to get a smaller size. The ESP has a lot of flexibility in mounting and the options are well described on Larry's website: "www.n0sa.com"
The visual appeal of both paddles is excellent and the care and attention to detail in their construction is obvious. The performance is where they exceeded my expectations. I found myself cranking my keyer up beyond my usual speed range and had no difficulty in getting clean, accurate sending. I credit the N0SA paddles with the difference.
I have no hesitation in recommending Larry's TP and ESP paddles to anyone who values excellent workmanship and high performance coupled with outstanding customer service.
73, BILL, W4RK

K1PJR Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2013 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I saw that Larry was not making any keys. I sent him an email and asked to keep me in mind if he started to make any keys in the future. He emailed me back a few weeks later saying he was finishing up a single paddle model and would I like it. Of course I said yes and I couldn't be happier.

Along with the SP2 I also have the Begali Simplex Mono. Arguably two of the best single lever paddles on the market. I also contacted Ignacio EA2CTB and asked that me make me a plexiglass cover. I should have that next week. He made a cover for my Begali and they are excellent.

Thanks Larry!

W2KS Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2013 06:56 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I once owned a N0SA TP-4, but sold it to make room for another rig (sound familiar?). I was sorry I did so. Last week I was on Larry's website and noticed that no keys were currently in production. One of the keys I took notice to was his new TP iambic paddle. So I contacted Larry to ask when he was going to put the keys back into production. Larry came back to me that afternoon and said he would be happy to make one for me. I took up his offer then and their. Within 4 days I had the key on my bench!!!!! The TP is a work of art, and so precise that it is a pleasure to use with barely any effort at all. This is one key I will never let go.

N7XM Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2012 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Sweet Paddle !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently got the ESP iambic paddle from Larry N0SA.
It's pretty tiny - but feels like a big precision
paddle - I have been pounding the holy brass for over half a century now - I am impressed with the
feel of this Tiny " GEM "- you have the option of a steel base OR use a very light weight base which you would attach to something - My intentions are using it for TRAVEL, but it will definitely see use from my home station. This is NOT a toy !
It's a precision iambic paddle with magnetic " springs ", with the ability to make very fine adjustments
to spacing and tension ! You will not be disappointed .

K4JK Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2012 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned Larry's Iambic TP-4 paddle for several months now, and I have to say I am more than happy with it. I wanted something that would give me years of reliable results, look good, and not break the bank. After reading the other eHam reviews I concluded that Larry's paddles fit these requirements perfectly.

The workmanship is first rate- we're talking quality work obviously done by an experienced machinist who takes pride in the finished product. The simple, yet elegant design looks great on my operating table.

The action is great and is easily adjustable. I prefer a short and somewhat solid action, so I have very little lever travel and the return magnets dialed in pretty close. The adjustments are easy to make- it took me only a few minutes- and you can easily "lock" them in with the supplied allen wrench.

Larry's customer service is first rate. I emailed him to inquire about the availability on a Friday. He replied quickly and said that he was out of the TP-4 model, but if I gave him the go-ahead he would build one for me over the weekend. I sent him a check that day and he shipped the paddle on Tuesday when he received it. I had a made in the USA, brand-new "hot-off-the-mill" paddle hooked up to my rig in less than a week.

Like all hams I worry about the purchases I make, and go through bouts of "buyers remorse", real or imagined. But NOT with this purchase. I'm 100% happy that I decided to buy one of Larry's paddles and feel lucky that I own one. Easily the best purchase I have made as far as ham-related gear.

I understand Larry had surgery on his hands, and it not able to produce paddles as quickly. I want to wish him a speedy recovery. Take care of those hands Larry!