Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | CCD Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for CCD Antennas
CCD Antennas Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $189.95
Description: CCD means Controlled Current Distribution. This is a full wave dipole (or can be a long wire
style) that has a series of capacitors mounted along the wire on specially designed boards.
The capacitors allow us to have a impedance that is able to be matched to ladder line or baluns
while having an antenna about twice as long as a standard half wave dipole. Having a 230'
antenna resonant on 40 meters and 80 meters, or a 114' antenna on 20 and 40 that are fairly flat SWR wise provides
some enhanced results. The website has a lot of documentation about the CCD with how and
why it works so well.
More info: http://www.ccdantennas.com/CCD/

You can write your own review of the CCD Antennas.

KD7HVL Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2009 09:50 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the 40/20 up at my QTH here in Tucson,AZ. the antenna works as advertized and the reports I get are as claimed. the operating band width of this antenna is under 1.5:1 for the whole band. I have compaired this antenna against a 40 meter inverted Vee about 15 feet from the CCD (Same direction)on the 40 meter band with a A to B switch, and I saw a good 3 to 4 S unit increase in signal strength and a lower noise floor. I have mine configured as a inverted Vee with the apex at 40 foot and the neds at 12 feet. I have no complaints the product is very good the suport is also very good and Dave seems to care about what he puts out. by the way I tried to make my own years ago with little success as it keep comming apart in a high wind. You really have to try this antenna, no bull.

N6AQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2009 00:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ok guys this is no B.S on this antenna. I have had it up for about 1 month now and have mostly been rag-chewing. Just recently I started to DX on 40 meters. Let me tell you I am so impressed by this CCD antenna. Here are some reports, Venezuela 59+20, Buenos Aires Argentina 59+10 and 7Z1CQ Saudi Arabia 58 all these contacts were made at 1kw and the 80/40. The CCD is at 85 and this is a performer, I have never had an antenna that worked like this. I have no affiliation with this company, just passing the word.
Frank Sellers N6AQ

W5JFW Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2009 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Quiet and Durable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alot of information has been exchanged about how well a CCD Antenna transmitts and how they don't really seem to care how they are strung up, and that's all true in my experience. Much of the time I don't even turn the AMP on and get reports that my station very readable. I've had them high and low and crooked and up against stuff with good to great great results. About three years ago I purchased a 80 meter 240 foot long CCD from CCD Antennas.com and have it up 50 feet and the ends at 20 feet. When it is real noisy and I can't hear anything but the strongest signals on my GRV5 which goes the other way I switch over to the CCD and it is much more quiet with weaker signals able to be heard. What I didn't like about this antenna is it only held an inch of ice in two tree breaking ice storms in 2006 and 2008. In both storms each leg came down and it was 10 days or so before the ice thawed out enough to get it up off the ground. In both cases neither did the wire or the boards break. The wire simply just pulled out of a solder joint with not a strand broken. I re-soldered both legs and put her back up and none the worse for wear. Worked like it did when it was new. I'm told the new dual band CCD's have larger solder pads on the boards so maybe it will hold 2 inches of ice this winter and I'm going to get me one and see. If you are looking for a tough, quiet wire antenna and don,t care if you get pile ups (keep your amp off) then get you a CCD from CCD antennas. It's a good place to shop.