Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Comet CTC-50M Flat Cable Window Gap Coax Jumper Help

Reviews Summary for Comet CTC-50M Flat Cable Window Gap Coax Jumper
Comet CTC-50M Flat Cable Window Gap Coax Jumper Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $45
Description: Flat wire coax jumper to get antenna coax into the radio room
without drilling holes in the wall or leaving a window/door open.

News from COMET:

The connector issue that had been reported in a few reviews has been solved. All CTC-50M jumpers in stock at the US dealer stores have standard connectors. If you require customer service contact NCG Company: www.natcommgroup.com

More info: http://www.cometantenna.com/newPro_detail.php?ID=264

You can write your own review of the Comet CTC-50M Flat Cable Window Gap Coax Jumper.

KD5FHW Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2014 05:45 Send this review to a friend
Great No-Hole Solution!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was hesitant to buy this expensive thing based on the advice of my local ham shop and some online reviews, but I'm glad I did because it saved a lot of work and mess. It installed easily in minutes and works great for my application.

I use it on my discone antenna for scanning and I'm planning on transmitting through it with an HT at times. I just hope it lasts.

AA9SD Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2013 18:05 Send this review to a friend
Great solution  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been setting up my shack and needed to get my coax inside without drilling holes in the wall. I purchased the Comet CTC-50m and had the antenna connected to my rig in five minutes. No holes in the wall and a pretty innocuous appearance. I used a window that is very seldom opened to feed it through so it shouldn't see much stress.

My PL259 connectors fit fine both from the feedline outside and the shorter jumper inside. The connections are tight and work well.

I agree with the comments about it being pricey though. $45 seems at least 5 times too much for it but there isn't much else to choose from. I also wouldn't put it in a window or door that is used very much (and that's what the instructions say as well). But the bottom line is it works as advertised for me.

K7JBQ Rating: 4/5 Feb 7, 2013 18:46 Send this review to a friend
Works well, not XYL-proof  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have no idea about what previous reviewers mentioned about fitting PL-259s. Never had that problem here.

Am on my third. First two were killed by XYL slamming the patio door shut.

Bottom line, they could be more robust, but they fill a need many hams (particularly those of us in Condo Hell) have, and do it well.

One thing I did with the last one was to wrap it all with electrical tape. So far, so good.

Bill

W2TAC Rating: 4/5 Feb 7, 2013 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Work Well for Right Window  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have five of these for my dipole antennas. They work very well for me, particularly given I feed them though a window I never open. I don't think it would be the perfect solution with a window that is used frequently. I'd rate at "5" if the price was more reasonable, but even at the high price they provide the best solution currently marketed for me.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2011 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Only one wall hole!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use two of these units and gave one to my son. The wall hole was for connecting an HF line and using an amplifier. One window mount is for the HF magnetic loop, and one is for funning fifty watts on two meters and thirty-five watts on 70 CM through a J-pole. They are rugged, stealthy, and provide a very clean install. They are very nice and worth every cent.

N7TDC Rating: 4/5 Apr 26, 2011 18:03 Send this review to a friend
Works Well...but, it's Pricey  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Comet CTC-50M does very well at what it's designed for and advertised to do...but, it's pricey.

Pros:
- Keeps me from drilling hole in wall.
- Quick and easy setup through a window.
- Low loss connection from rig to antenna coax.
- Useful item to have in go-kit for use in another building/window, where drilling hole in wall or running coax through open door/window isn't preferred or an option.

Cons:
- Pricey...does it really need to cost $45-$50?
- PL-259's don't fit over S0-239 ends as well as they could/should. Not a show stopper, but it could/should be better.

Would I buy another one? Yes.
Would I recommend it to someone? Yes.
Would I like to see a more realistic price? Yes.

I would have rated it "5" if the SO-239 ends were better sized.

If you have a used Comet CTC-50M you want to sell, I'm an interested buyer.

K0XB Rating: 2/5 Jan 17, 2011 16:22 Send this review to a friend
disappointed  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sometimes operate from a rental house, and I can't drill holes for the coax. So I try to route the coax through a partially-open window. This works, but is not a good thing to do for several reasons. When I saw the CTC-50M advertised, I thought it would be an ideal solution. But as another reviewer has noted, the female connectors on the unit do not fit standard male coax connectors. I can't imagine why they would do this, especially since the unit seems well-made otherwise. For me, it's useless.

M5AEO Rating: 3/5 Nov 21, 2010 23:24 Send this review to a friend
They work, but expensive!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just installed these 'jumpers' to get two runs of coax cable through a very tight fitting metal framed window into my shack. The flat cable fits very easily and bends to the required shape.

I found that not all PL259 plugs will fit properly. If you use the short barrelled type with a 15mm ring that's fine, but if you use the bigger, standard type with a 23mm ring they don't screw all the way in so you end up with a loose connection.

I found that the SWR is flat on HF, Vhf and UHF. But please note the power limits: 100w HF, 60 and 40w on V/UHF. This may be an issue for hams in the USA with the higher power culture.

So they were a bit fidly to install. They are not very flexible so you really need to screw them in place once fitted. They are made of high strength material but are not indestructable: I wouldn't want to move them around or try to re-install them several times, I just don't think they would survive.

They appear to have waterproof connectors, but only time will tell.

Overall: it may be the only option in some situations, and they do work, but they are very expensive for what they are.

VA3WYC Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2010 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Convenient though a bit pricey  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In need of a feed-through line and unable to drill any holes in the wall, I use this jumper to run under the door of the house. It is well designed and sturdy. I don't think there is anything similar to this product in the market.

I will also use this in my vehicle as my antenna is on the hood and the vehicle interior is sealed off from the engine compartment.