Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Icom IC-275A/H Help

Reviews Summary for Icom IC-275A/H
Icom IC-275A/H Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $800.00
Description: 2m all mode base rig
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/support/archive/amateur/ic-275h.asp

You can write your own review of the Icom IC-275A/H.

N2ETJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2005 07:36 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC RADIO  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have tried just about every all mode 2 meter rig and have found no better than the 275H. Great for weak signals, cw, arora, really pulls the weak ones out....get fantastic audio reports on FM and SSB.. nice to have 100 watts..great for driving that amp. There is something to be said for a monoband radio... if you can find one, buy it, you wont be sorry...73 Rick

K5YY Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2004 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful 2m all mode  Time owned: more than 12 months
MUCH better than the 2 meter section of any of the 160-2 meter transceivers out there. Designed for 2 meters with better receiver design, better dynamic range and less overload from highly populated areas of ham activity. Mine has the PBT mod. NO problems at all in 6 years and I operate 144mc very heavily, CW and SSB with a KW. I do however use a preamp which ALL stand alone 2m and 432mc rigs need for the weak ones. Equals the 2 meter portion of the 970H which I had 6 years ago too. A transverter setup might be the best overall, but requires taking up the HF rig's use. I recommend going separate rigs for just 2 or 6 or even the 6-1296 VHF rigs like the 736R or such. Do not expect much from the HF/VHF rigs except to just get on the VHF bands in a casual fashion. My thoughts and experiences, yours may vary.. San K5YY

W0LD Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2003 19:17 Send this review to a friend
IC-275H  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned a 275H for over eight years. It is the best 2 meter all-mode radio I have ever owned, and I have owned most models. It is superb for weak signal modes such as tropo, eme and meteor scatter. The receiver is really hot when used with the ICOM preamp that is designed for the radio. I also have the optional cw filter, this really helps with weak signal work. The 100 watt output is very useful for driving most high power amplifiers. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

G7TOK Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2003 16:51 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bombproof !, a simply fantastic receiver, no other 2m multimode comes near this, transmitted audio even on the stock mic is superlative.
If you see one, buy it, what more can I say.
Ignore comments by users who cannot fathom intereference problems and then blame the radio !
The fact is, contesters, Microwave users and DX enthusiasts can't be wrong, you will find no finer mono-band transceiver.

IW0HCY Rating: 2/5 Dec 13, 2002 11:42 Send this review to a friend
IC-257H .....TVI problems !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have just get an used IC-257H, it's all right, but now I have terrible TVI problems !!!
How can I do ? Before, I used a kenwood TMV-7, only FM max 50 watts and I had never TVI....now if I talk in FM whit 275H and only 10-20 W (and more..) there are too many problems on my TV and TV of others near.
I let you image what appened when I try on SSB or CW.....what a pity....HELP ME PLEASE, I would use this radio! thanks

N7FAE Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2001 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I too have owned most of the 2m multimodes produced in the last 15 years. Simply put, the IC-275H is the absolute best. Fabulous receiver, passband tuning very effective for weak signal ssb, excellent FM operation and performance, small size. 100W transmitter means no external amps, etc., excellent modulation, speech compression that really works and sounds as good as it works. This is the only 2m multimode I'll ever need/want.

N0FG Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2000 10:10 Send this review to a friend
VERY HOT RECEIVER  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have owned both the 275H with passband tuning and without. The 100 watts is very nice, and it has the most sensitive, best receiver of any 2m all-mode I have owned( ic-820H, ic-970a, ft736r ic-706mkIIg ). Mine has all installed options except the optional cw filter.I have owned one without the cr-64 high stability option, and for all practicall purposes it really isn't necessary, as I have found them to be very stable without. Can't go wrong with one of these rigs. The only thing I have had go wrong is the fm center freq adjustment was off and scan mode wasn't stopping on received frequencies, but that was an easily done, minor adjustment.( note: I received the radio used out of alignment, and it hasn't had any problems since. ) If I could only find a matching 475H.