Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Ciro Mazzoni Baby Loop Help

Reviews Summary for Ciro Mazzoni Baby Loop
Ciro Mazzoni Baby Loop Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1000 euros
Description: Loop antenna with only 1 meter of diameter to cover ALL the frequency from 6.8 to 29.9 mhz
More info: http://www.ciromazzoni.com

You can write your own review of the Ciro Mazzoni Baby Loop.

VK2CCJ Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2015 22:50 Send this review to a friend
Best Restricted Space Antenna I have used  Time owned: more than 12 months
Surprised there are no other reviews so here goes, I know a number of VK's use this antenna some with rotators , I don't have enough space to turn it currently.

Well a little background I live in a Villa complex and basically means little or no space for HF antennas and very close neibours. I tried Verticals and even a short inverted L fed from SGC230 remote tuner (these are not neighbour friendly and an eyesore to some) but the Baby Loop has exceeded my expectations , mine is 2 metres on a heavy Tripod off the ground and about a metre in diameter between a steel fence and a large Pergola, so not exactly in the clear , pictures on my QRZ.com page. my QRZ is under my new 2 letter call VK2NP. not the VK2CCJ which I also hold.

The tuner provided is a direct keyboard entry or can be manually tuned, no Transmission required contains a small DDS oscillator and matches VSWR by feeding the signal up the coax to the loop.

Covers about 6.9Mhz to 29.8Mhz continuous so good for SWL as well. Though I usually use a Pixel 1B receive only antenna

Construction is second to none very solid and quite heavy at 16kg . Will handle 400W on the lower bands and up to a 1KW on the higher ones.

It will not replace a full size antenna at height but I get great reports and often people don't know what I am running.

would love for it to cover 80M and 160M but too small for that.

Expensive but for me well worth it till I get that dream house and a tower wishful thinking Hi.

I think this antenna would last a lifetime , no plans to sell it even if I move to more open area.

bought through a German company Wimo as shipping was easier but I emailed Ciro and he is very helpful .

Please feel free to ask or add information,

Cliff VK2NP VK2CCJ