Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | ZeroFive 30 Foot 10 to 80 Meter Flagpole Vertical Help

Reviews Summary for ZeroFive 30 Foot 10 to 80 Meter Flagpole Vertical
ZeroFive 30 Foot 10 to 80 Meter Flagpole Vertical Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $619
Description: FLAGPOLE 10 THROUGH 80 METER MULTIBAND COMMERCIAL DUTY VERTICAL ANTENNA 30 FEET TALL
More info: http://www.zerofive-antennas.com

You can write your own review of the ZeroFive 30 Foot 10 to 80 Meter Flagpole Vertical.

W9FDA Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2011 23:59 Send this review to a friend
Far exceeded expectations  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed the antenna recently. Installation was of medium difficulty, I'd say. We had no problems. Tom of Zerofive was always available via email for help. The first day on the air, I had only one 30ft radial on the antenna and made numerous contacts all over the US and into VK land on 40. I currently have only 10 30ft radials and work into Europe regularly on 40 getting 5-9 reports. I use an FT847, Ameritron AL572 amp, at 800 watts and a ATR30 antenna tuner. Antenna tunes to a flat SWR on all bands 3.5-29.600 mhz. I have been very happy with the quality and performance of the antenna so far.

WA8FEA Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2010 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Stealth Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna from Tom several months ago but only now (for too many reasons to list!) have completed the installation. Zero Five did an excellent job in getting the order filled and shipped quickly. All parts were carefully wrapped protecting the product from shipping damage. Although no written instructions comes with this product, Tom does a great job in explaining over the phone or through the internet questions that were particular to my installation. Because my back yard has ground like cement, I ran only about 30 foot of coax to a SG-230 tuner then to an Arrays Solution ATD-1 (to ground the antenna when not in use)then to the Flagpole. I have 46 radials that range from 35 feet down to about 10 (most of them are between 25 and 35)and a 8 foot ground rod by the base of the antenna and one more just before the coax comes into the house (both are bonded together with a transi trap on the coax by the house). I just got the antenna up this past weekend and have really enjoyed working contacts both state side and DX.

In summary, I'm keeping the neighbors happy in my HOA sub and I'm back on the air. So far, I've found if I can hear them, I can work them. It's a good, strong product. I'd buy from Tom again.

Gary - WA8FEA

W4THA Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2010 06:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna and Flagpole  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have a 58 acre farm and lots of room for any antenna you can imagine. I love to fly the flag so thought why not go for a flagpole vertical in addition to other antennas. After searching reviews and looking at photos of the antenna I decided to buy one. I couldn't be happier. The quality and workmanship of the materials is first rate. Support from Tom is extraordinary.

The antenna not only gets out well but it defies conventional wisdom by being much more quiet than my dipoles and G5RV. The signal to noise ratio of this antenna is an order of magnitude better. Not sure why that is, perhaps it's the supplied balun and/or maybe the excellent physical characteristics.

Using 36 20' radials at this time and coupled to my Flex-5000A with built-in auto tuner it easily loads and gets out well on 80-10.

We leave old glory up 24x7 and I have spotlights that light the pole and antenna - it looks fantastic. The only modification I made was to replace the supplied 3x5 flag with a 4x6 flag. I realize that will impact the wind loading specs but a pole of this length just needs that bigger flag. If the wind is forecast above 70 mph I'll just lower the flag.

WT9W Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2010 08:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Solution when living in a CC&R restricted community  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Delivery was prompt. Materials used are excellent. Although no instructions were included, Tom at ZeroFive provided prompt answers to all of my questions via phone and email. When I unpacked the flagpole I discovered the hardware was missing. Tom shipped it to me overnight. I installed the flagpole with a ground radial system consisting of 40 - 12 foot radials using #14 stranded wire. I feed the flagpole from my Kenwood TS-2000 through an MFJ-986 tuner. I've had the flagpole on the air for just over a week and from my PA location I have worked stateside as well as some reasonable DX including Cuba, Canada, Northern Ireland and New Zealand. This vertical is a keeper.