Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-100ProII Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-100ProII Autotuner
LDG AT-100ProII Autotuner Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $230
Description: The LDG AT-100ProII desktop tuner covers all frequencies from 1.8 – 54 MHz like the AT-100Pro it replaces, plus it
has LED indicators for antenna 1/2 selection to indicate when it's in bypass.

It will handle up to 125 watts, making it suitable for everything from QRP to a typical 100 watt transceiver (plus headroom).

The AT-100ProII includes 2,000 memories for each antenna, automatically storing tuning configurations for each frequency and band as you use them. Whenever you transmit on or near a frequency you’ve used before, the AT-100ProII can retune from memory almost instantly.

LED bargraphs show power (in 2 ranges) and SWR, and a Function key on the front panel allows you to access data like MODE and STATUS. Like most other LDG Autotuners, the AT-100ProII uses latching relays which retain the tuned configuration indefinitely even when powered down and a processor-controlled Switched-L tuning network which can match dipoles, verticals, inverted-Vees or virtually any coax-fed antenna. With an optional LDG balun, you can also use longwires or antennas fed with ladder-line.

• 1 to 125 watt power range (SSB and CW), 100W on 6M
• Tuning time: 0.5 to 6 seconds full tune, 0.2 sec memory
• Tunes 6 to 1000 ohm loads (16 to 150 on 6M)
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/1/1/1

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-100ProII Autotuner.

W8NIC Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2014 04:22 Send this review to a friend
Simply Put - IT WORKS!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This thing has tuned everything I've hooked up to it, including the rain gutters of my house.
Out tunes even my Palstar manual tuner.

W3END Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2014 06:46 Send this review to a friend
Nice tuner works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using this with an Alinco DX-SR8T and it performs flawlessly. I'm using the Alinco cable to connect it. My antenna is a ground mounted Hustler 5BTV vertical . The tuner does a good job and is easy to use. Tunes up quickly. Very happy so far.

KD8TZC Rating: 4/5 Apr 8, 2013 07:43 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a MFJ Manual tuner previously, and although I didn't have any issues with this tuner, it took a long time to tune it. After reviewing several auto tuners and after talking with other HAM's who had various AT tuners, I decided to give this a try.

I was a little concerned that this may take forever to find a tune, as the radio that I have has an internal tuner in it and many times could not tune up an antenna. I was not disappointed with this little beauty.

I never could find a tune on the 15m CW frequencies with my G5RV for some reason (with my internal tuner or the manual tuner) that was under 2:1. Within a few seconds, this thing zeroed in and happy.

The only thing that I don't like about the unit, and there is nothing I can do about this is that it is a little noisy. This is the case with all AT's though, so not much you can do about that. It would have been nice if there would have been some sound deadening material placed in the case to dampen the sound, but this would drive up the price and it is something that I could easily do if I am so inclined. Being that I am in the basement with my rig's, it's not really that big of a deal.

The one thing that I don't like though and the reason I only have this a 4 vs a 5 was the cryptic display patterns of the LED's for various things. It would have been nicer if maybe they had added an LED to indicate certain things. Again, I know it would drive the price of the unit up, but I don't think it would be that significant. I'm sure once I get used to the unit, I can go store the manual and not worry about what all the different LED patters are for different configurations. I wouldn't let this stop you from buying the unit if you are considering it. Once you have it all configured the way you want it, these will hardly come into play.

The best thing is I can switch frequencies and **BAM** I am almost instantly tuned. So much better than having to depend upon a worksheet with all the settings for a manual tuner.

KJ4CMA Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2013 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was torn between the AT-100ProII and the AT-200ProII. Ultimately, the 100 won out because of it's greater tuning range (6-1000 ohms, while the -200 has a range of 6-800.)

Biggest drawback in my opinion is the 30 watt limit on digital, then again I don't particularly care to drive my radio that high on digi either.

I would like to have had the more powerful digital rating of the -200 (75 Watts) with the tuning range of the -100..Perhaps LDG can come up with a -150 model?

Ultimatley, LDG customer service gets this product a 5. I emailed on a wednesday night with a technical question and had a response that night...after 9 PM eastern!!!

SY1AKE Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2013 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Excellent performance and reliable. Pairing with my Icom IC-7000 is a perfect match.

KI7Z Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2012 15:18 Send this review to a friend
Incredible!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had ran across a factory refurbished for sale at a great price with warranty. After reading the reviews here on eHam, and checking out some videos, I decided to go with this little tuner.

I am mainly interested in remote operation but also have a shack as most would. My two main radios are the FT-897 and the Flex 1500.

As I type this, I have had the tuner inline at the shack for less than 30 minutes after it was dropped on my porch by the UPS man (I sure wish they would not do that). I can say that in 15 minutes of tuning the Flex around and hitting the Tune button that I am amazed. It really does as advertised. Changing bands is flawless once the initial tuning is set for that freq. range. It is nearly instant with a PTT. I am running this to a Carolina Windom cut for 75 meters and it is already in good shape on a few bands without a tuner so I plan on adding to this review once I take it into the field with some not so friendly inventions.

All in all, I am happy. This is the perfect companion for a Flex 1500 that is certain and I am confident it will operate with the 897 just as well.

K5NAA Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2012 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had so much success working a 10m dipole with this tuner to catch some digital contacts on 20m. I will be putting up my first beam (4 bander) but the tuner stays.

KB9KR Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2011 05:00 Send this review to a friend
Nice tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The AT-100ProII is my first autotuner. I've used manual tuners for over 30 years, but wanted to have a separate tuner for my digital setup. I use an older Icom IC-706 for digital work, and an 80M loop @ 20 ft.

The tuner works well on all bands in automatic tuning mode and, after a slight tuner-to-radio cable alteration, now works well in manual mode with my IC-706.

The 706 didn't properly sense that the tuner was connected. I added a 100k, ¼ watt pull up resistor to the Icom cable supplied with the tuner across pins 2 and 3 on the radio plug end, and now the 706 thinks there is a tuner connected to it, just like it should. Manual tuning can be started by either pressing the Tune button on the rig, or the Tune button on the tuner. Also, quickly pressing either tune button will put the tuner into bypass.

It may be that the newer Icom rigs detect the tuner properly, but my older one did not. It may also be that it is an issue with my particular rig. Given that, after I corrected the problem with the radio detecting the tuner, the tuner now operates properly in both auto and manual modes, as advertised, and continues to do so.

Overall, a nice addition to my station.

KJ4WRK Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2011 09:40 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I live in an antenna unfriendly neighborhood and needed a way to tune my stealth 40m horizontal loop. This tuner's takes all of the guesswork out of getting the best possible signal out on the air.

The tuner's easy to use and since I usually like to work PSK31 on many bands, the tuner reduces the time needed to get tuned up to almost 0.

The build quality's nice, but a metal case would be a plus. The 'tune' button will control my FT-897D or I can rely on the auto-tune feature. The manual's a bit short and it would be nice to have more info, but it's not hindered my ability to use the tuner at all.

KC9TNH Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2011 05:54 Send this review to a friend
Does a fine job  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Having used a couple other autotuners, this one is pretty good and 'almost' as good as my beloved Elecraft T1, but with more capability. Spent some time initially going around the bands and areas within those bands where I typically go, tuning during quiet time, to let the tuner do its thing and store the settings. For the slightly more obstinate match - out at far-end of 80m on my OCF dipole for example - a little learning and use of the capacitance/inductance tweaking available at the front panel does the trick. 2 keypresses and THAT setting is now stored.

Also, occasionally the tuner would run its whole sequence then go into Bypass. Quick consult with LDG, who explained that the tuner had simply found a resonant point on the antenna and the antenna itself, at that specific point, was better than what the tuner would come up with.

I like it alot. With a very small amount of thought applied to some setup, changing bands & retuning is a snap, literally 1/2 second, not bothering someone with a cxr for 1/2 Minute while "searching for perfect."

All its other functions work as described in the manual. Good piece of gear.