Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-100ProII Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-100ProII Autotuner
LDG AT-100ProII Autotuner Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $230
Description: The LDG AT-100ProII desktop tuner covers all frequencies from 1.8 – 54 MHz like the AT-100Pro it replaces, plus it
has LED indicators for antenna 1/2 selection to indicate when it's in bypass.

It will handle up to 125 watts, making it suitable for everything from QRP to a typical 100 watt transceiver (plus headroom).

The AT-100ProII includes 2,000 memories for each antenna, automatically storing tuning configurations for each frequency and band as you use them. Whenever you transmit on or near a frequency you’ve used before, the AT-100ProII can retune from memory almost instantly.

LED bargraphs show power (in 2 ranges) and SWR, and a Function key on the front panel allows you to access data like MODE and STATUS. Like most other LDG Autotuners, the AT-100ProII uses latching relays which retain the tuned configuration indefinitely even when powered down and a processor-controlled Switched-L tuning network which can match dipoles, verticals, inverted-Vees or virtually any coax-fed antenna. With an optional LDG balun, you can also use longwires or antennas fed with ladder-line.

• 1 to 125 watt power range (SSB and CW), 100W on 6M
• Tuning time: 0.5 to 6 seconds full tune, 0.2 sec memory
• Tunes 6 to 1000 ohm loads (16 to 150 on 6M)

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-100ProII Autotuner.

KI7EKB Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2016 17:49 Send this review to a friend
Did it's job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased this yesterday and set it up today, worked great. Had a "no-tuner" required 8 band EFHW 8010 antenna that would tune nothing with my 857D. Set up the AT100Pro II and all is bliss.

If things change in the future, I will update the
5 star rating but, for now anyway, with out it, all I had was 2 meter and 440. With it, I have HF.

Well worth the $185 as opposed to frying the 857D with high SWR.
N6PET Rating: 1/5 Oct 28, 2015 01:25 Send this review to a friend
Bad LDG support & unstable tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tuner works great if it does work but for some reason it will retune by itself even with a already tuned 1.1:1 SWR. Antenna is not a problem since my AT-600Pro2 never had that issue with the exact same set-up. I needed to move my AT-6+00 to a different radio and just need a 125w rated ATU. LDG customer service is the worst in this industry. Great if it works but LDG is known for 2 things, bad customer service and hit n' miss products.
K6XR Rating: 2/5 Apr 8, 2015 13:40 Send this review to a friend
jury still out  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Brand new and had a difficult time tuning the same antenna that my ldg z-11pro ii tunes quite well. I was surprised and could not get it to work for me as my LDG z-11 nor my elecraft tuner. I sent it back to LDG in FEBRUARY 2015 for a checkout and STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT BACK! I requested a status report and was denied citing company policy. I really like the product having owned several of the tuners and still using one of them. Not sure what the problem is with customer service but hopefully one day it will come home and work for me
WA6MOW Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2014 07:57 Send this review to a friend
Love it and LDG.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This tuner does exactly what it is supposed to do. While I love the nostalgia of using an old manual tuner it sure is neat to transmit and be tuned in a matter of seconds with an LDG tuner. This tuner works as good or better than any of its competitors. There is no perfect auto tuner but they sure beat the internal tuners of the new rigs. The AT-100Pro 2 tunes quickly and has the ability to switch between two antennas. It is ruggedly built and looks nice on my desk. One thing it has that the the others don't have is the great LDG service. I recently damaged my Z11 Pro through negligence on my part. It was a few years out of warranty. I just received it back from them repaired at no charge. This happened once before and again sent back repaired at no charge. Wow! Now that is great service. I have owned all of the LDG 125 watt tuners. They are a really good value for a quality product.
WX4O Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2014 15:24 Send this review to a friend
Great auto tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for over a year, and it works more or less flawlessly. It replaced an MFJ 993 that died.
SY1AKE Rating: 3/5 Jun 16, 2014 13:06 Send this review to a friend
nice but not so good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the 100proII the last year, the tuner works nice and helps to tune fast, but not so reliable some times. The tuner many times doesn't tune the swr to 1:1 but below 1:5, at some cases not possible to go below 2. Since the beginning i had one problem, my tuner had a memory Alzheimer between bands, never remember the previous tuning at same frequency, many times happened also within the same band frequencies. I need to tune every time to change frequency, i don't have the thousands memories which the company advertise.
Some times the swr increasing without a reason.
I have sent an email to the LDG with very poor answer, replying to the answer never get an answer to my problem. My verdict is 3 !!
W8NIC Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2014 04:22 Send this review to a friend
Simply Put - IT WORKS!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This thing has tuned everything I've hooked up to it, including the rain gutters of my house.
Out tunes even my Palstar manual tuner.
W3END Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2014 06:46 Send this review to a friend
Nice tuner works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using this with an Alinco DX-SR8T and it performs flawlessly. I'm using the Alinco cable to connect it. My antenna is a ground mounted Hustler 5BTV vertical . The tuner does a good job and is easy to use. Tunes up quickly. Very happy so far.
KD8TZC Rating: 4/5 Apr 8, 2013 07:43 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a MFJ Manual tuner previously, and although I didn't have any issues with this tuner, it took a long time to tune it. After reviewing several auto tuners and after talking with other HAM's who had various AT tuners, I decided to give this a try.

I was a little concerned that this may take forever to find a tune, as the radio that I have has an internal tuner in it and many times could not tune up an antenna. I was not disappointed with this little beauty.

I never could find a tune on the 15m CW frequencies with my G5RV for some reason (with my internal tuner or the manual tuner) that was under 2:1. Within a few seconds, this thing zeroed in and happy.

The only thing that I don't like about the unit, and there is nothing I can do about this is that it is a little noisy. This is the case with all AT's though, so not much you can do about that. It would have been nice if there would have been some sound deadening material placed in the case to dampen the sound, but this would drive up the price and it is something that I could easily do if I am so inclined. Being that I am in the basement with my rig's, it's not really that big of a deal.

The one thing that I don't like though and the reason I only have this a 4 vs a 5 was the cryptic display patterns of the LED's for various things. It would have been nicer if maybe they had added an LED to indicate certain things. Again, I know it would drive the price of the unit up, but I don't think it would be that significant. I'm sure once I get used to the unit, I can go store the manual and not worry about what all the different LED patters are for different configurations. I wouldn't let this stop you from buying the unit if you are considering it. Once you have it all configured the way you want it, these will hardly come into play.

The best thing is I can switch frequencies and **BAM** I am almost instantly tuned. So much better than having to depend upon a worksheet with all the settings for a manual tuner.
KJ4CMA Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2013 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was torn between the AT-100ProII and the AT-200ProII. Ultimately, the 100 won out because of it's greater tuning range (6-1000 ohms, while the -200 has a range of 6-800.)

Biggest drawback in my opinion is the 30 watt limit on digital, then again I don't particularly care to drive my radio that high on digi either.

I would like to have had the more powerful digital rating of the -200 (75 Watts) with the tuning range of the -100..Perhaps LDG can come up with a -150 model?

Ultimatley, LDG customer service gets this product a 5. I emailed on a wednesday night with a technical question and had a response that night...after 9 PM eastern!!!