Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Icom IC-475A/H Help

Reviews Summary for Icom IC-475A/H
Icom IC-475A/H Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1,195
Description: 70 cm (UHF) all mode base rig
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Icom IC-475A/H.

W0LD Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2016 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Glad I found one!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I owned a 475H and sold it a number of years ago. Recently I was able to obtain another one. These '75 series radios are superb. It has 75 watts of power and has an excellent receiver. If you can find one--get it!

KC4YLV Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2015 23:20 Send this review to a friend
Timeless V/U rigs.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I only own a 475 - got it cheap needing an alignment - but have been eyeing this series of radios for, no joke, twenty years. It's so nice to use. I don't get to work the SSB side much except for contest weekends, but it does a bang-up job there.

Amazing audio, solid constant reliability, perfect knob feel, all just wonderful. I'll never, ever, ever sell it and literally have a fund set aside to buy more x75 radios. Some day i'll have a full set, and will be able to cross one more thing off the bucket list.

N0WF Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2005 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have wanted an Icom 475H for many years and was fortunate to find one at a good price from an estate. The quadruple conversion receiver is superb at digging out weak signals and the transmitter can run 75 watts hour after hour as it is rated at 100% full duty cycle. This is my first 432 all mode radio but I have owned the Icom 275H for a number of years. Buy it if you can find one, you won't be sorry. These rigs are keepers, they are high performance and near perfect in every respect.

W0LD Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2000 22:37 Send this review to a friend
An excellent 432 Base Rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
The 475H is a great rig that puts out an honest 75 watts on 432. I have the cw filter and use it for weak signal work. I also have the ICOM preamp that is a real help for extremely weak signal work. The radio is very easy to operate, and is an excellent exciter for a high power amp. I regularly work out 350+ miles with the radio barefoot. This is probably the best base station multi-mode radio for 432 ever built.