Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Pro-Set Elite 6 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Pro-Set Elite 6
Heil Pro-Set Elite 6 Reviews: 76 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $182-$193
Description: The Heil Pro Set Elite is the ultimate boomset designed for commercial sportscasters, podcasters and amateur radio operators. For nearly two years, Bob Heil and his design team have been working with broadcast engineers and serious amateur radio operators to bring the BEST headset containing the most amazing features. The Pro Set Elite oers dual side, full ear mu with high rejection of outside noise, speaker phase reversal, rugged attached microphone boom, exible to 6’ coil cable and washable ear pad covers.
More info: http://heilsound.com/amateur/products/prosetelite/

You can write your own review of the Heil Pro-Set Elite 6.

N0AH Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2014 23:57 Send this review to a friend
FB!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works as expected, 120% excellent- Wore them during ARRL 10M this year and will keep them as our main headset for the shack-

W1OBJ Rating: 3/5 Dec 12, 2014 16:42 Send this review to a friend
Switch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got them and it makes for easy SSB with the boom mic....a little uncomfortable after a few minutes.....and lastly....that gimmick switch on the head phones.....is it a joke?

N4GKS Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2014 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Good sound  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading some of the reviews here, I was hesitant to make a purchase of these. However, as usual, reviews are opinions and I wanted to make up my own mind. From the reports I'm getting, the audio is great. The receive audio from the headset is nice. The people who complain about the fit and comfort apparently do not know how to adjust the headphones. You can bend the brace and make them as lose as you need them. The mic is where it needs to be and doesn't have to be moved much, if at all. I am beginning to believe some reviewers bash a product because they don't know how to use it.

2E0WPZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2014 12:22 Send this review to a friend
The best headset I have owned  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was sad that my original headset didn`t work on my new Yaesu 5000mp but that was designed for Icom so no surprise really.
I decided after reading the good reviews on the Heil to go for it with the footswitch (whats the point of owning an expensive car and using cheap tyres) So, the headset arrived and was pleased with the first look quality. I made the adjustments to the headband to take the pressure off of my ears and it felt a lot more comfortable. I didn`t like the fact that I felt completely cut off from my surroundings so I removed the cloth covers and it then allowed more of my voice to be heard coming from my mouth rather than from inside my head (some people might be the opposite) I can feel the side pressure on the ears and they do get rather warm after a while so I have ordered a pair of the larger ears cups to give them more room to breath so to speak. If that doesn`t work completely then i will design and fit something my self to hold them away a touch.
These are all small points really because the sound quality and the audio reports received have been very good. Out of interest I reset my radio menus to the suggestions on the Heil web site and things are even better now.
They aint cheap for sure when you add the extras for foot/hand ptt plus the adapters but you tend to get what you pay for in this world. So far I`m happy.

KM4CQG Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2014 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bob Heil sent me an E mail about adjusting band tension obviously Bob reads eham and cares about his customers comments.

After a few emails we both concluded it was the length of my ear that was sitting outside the ear cup that was being pressured. Bob suggested trying a different ear cup that was just slightly larger in diameter. It has worked perfectly with no negative effects.

The Microphone has always received excellent audio reports since initial setup.

Ian

N2RR Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2014 14:03 Send this review to a friend
PROSET PLUS EARPADS FIX EVERYTHING!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the Pro-Set Elite for several years now and like many other reviewers I loved the audio performance with my Icom transmitters, but my ears were getting killed.

Well that is all fixed. I recently bought the "around the ear pads" made for the Pro-Set Plus and no more ear pain. I do have a big head (so my hat size indicates) and when the headset first arrived I adjusted the tension band quite a bit, but the ear pain would start in after 30 minutes of use.

But there is no more pain with the new earpads. I also got rid of the cloth ear covers as suggested by other reviewers.

This headset is great!

K5NOK Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2014 13:42 Send this review to a friend
Great with slight changes!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I like this headset and with 2 easy changes it is a 5 on this review scale. First, I took the cloth ear pad covers carefully off the headset, folded them up and put them back in the box. Do not use them because they are hot and uncomfortable. Second, I made adjustments to my radio. I started with the settings for my radio from the manual and then did a Google search of the headset and my radio name for what other users have done. I used those as a starting point, then made my own changes during qso’s. One result is that I made my mic gain a lot hotter than I had thought was acceptable. This headset is heavy but gives excellent Heil Audio for transmit and receive and great noise cancelling. I have not found the weight a problem after using it all day. I have not yet adjusted the ear pressure but that is easy as well. I now get unsolicited “good audio” reports with an entry level radio while using this headset.

W0LD Rating: 4/5 Apr 7, 2014 03:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Audio-Uncomfortable over long operating periods  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bob Heil is an audio magician! The boom microphone is broadcast
quality! The headphones, however, over a long period of operating cause pain to my ears. After several hours of operation, I frankly had to take them off as my ears had lost any sense of feeling. They are a tight, heavy fit on the ear. For short periods of operation they are great. The previous PRO headsets are much more comfortable for the ears but not as full bodied audio on transmit.

W4JRQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2014 20:38 Send this review to a friend
Jam up mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This headset is very comfortable for hours on in of qsos. The noise canceling qualities are fantastic. The audio is wow! Well worth the money. Steel frame, high quality and durable. I could not ask for better. If anyone is looking for a mic and thinking about a heil mic, look up one of the presentations Bob Heil gives on microphones. You can find one online at tedrandall.com under podcasts.

KK4KBS Rating: 4/5 Apr 6, 2014 15:13 Send this review to a friend
Heavy, hot  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
They are heavy and hot on the ears after a while. I wish they were around the ears instead of over. Fidelity is excellent. On transmit, I get good audio reports and I like the fixed boom. It stays out of the way and adjusts easily. Expensive though. If they weren't so darn hot on my ears I would give them a 5.