Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Pro-Set Elite 6 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Pro-Set Elite 6
Heil Pro-Set Elite 6 Reviews: 90 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $182-$193
Description: The Heil Pro Set Elite is the ultimate boomset designed for commercial sportscasters, podcasters and amateur radio operators. For nearly two years, Bob Heil and his design team have been working with broadcast engineers and serious amateur radio operators to bring the BEST headset containing the most amazing features. The Pro Set Elite oers dual side, full ear mu with high rejection of outside noise, speaker phase reversal, rugged attached microphone boom, exible to 6 coil cable and washable ear pad covers.
More info: http://heilsound.com/amateur/products/prosetelite/

You can write your own review of the Heil Pro-Set Elite 6.

SV2OEL Rating: 1/5 Oct 18, 2017 11:44 Send this review to a friend
WHAT CORD IS THIS....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
2 DAYS USE AND A DONT NOW WHAT I MAKE WITH CORD.....I THINK IT IS FROM CHEAP CHIANESE-SORRY-WORST APPLICATION AND I AM AFRAID A CUT IT IN USE....THE END OF HEADSET AND THE PLUGS I THINK ITS NOT FOR HARD WORK....I AM VERY SORRY BUT I PAY MORE MONEY FOR THIS HEADSET

KB6CA Rating: 1/5 Oct 17, 2017 10:01 Send this review to a friend
Very poor quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this headset from HRO a year or two ago. Last night I was copying cw, went to take off my headset, and the right side crumbled and broke off. A little plastic bracket broke off and the whole right side is hanging by a wire. Very disappointed as I had paid over $100 for this. It's unusable. Will not buy another Heil product.

K4NUC Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2017 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Great   Time owned: more than 12 months
I am getting compliments left and right on how good the audio is from this boomset. They were a little uncomfortable after a while on the ears so I ordered replacement pads for the proset plus headset and replaced my pads with those. Best move I made. Like a new set, very comfortable. I can wear them for hours now.

KM4CQG Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2016 07:42 Send this review to a friend
1 year lookback  Time owned: more than 12 months
Update

The Heil Proset Elite is a great value and has excellent sound imaging. The small switch on the right headphone changes the imagine of the audio. This yield the exact same effect as Diversity does on my Flex 6700 for a whole lot less. I know there is talk about all the other models with noise cancelling but my shack has no noise so why do I need that.

Ever since Bob Heil told me to just bend the top head band there has been no ear pain and just comfort.

For the low asking price I really recommend this product.

N1WLD Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2016 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Will by another one!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this set about 3 weeks ago.
Coupled them with my IC-746 and worked them for a couple of weekends.
First off, they are as comfortable as you are gonna get! As far as recieve audio quality, I compared them to 2 sets of headphones I have used for years. One is a set of Audio Technica, the other an ancient pair of NOVA (rad shak) that I will never get rid of 'cause they just sound that good. I would say the audio quality for music was acceptable, but when I compared all three on the Icom, the Heil's shined!! The frequency response was perfect for ssb and fm.
My version is the IC, which I understand uses the same element as the ICM mic. All audio reports were given as excellent, with the most interesting in a late night QSO with a station in Italy stating "it was the best audio he had heard all day"
I just purchased a new station that is not yet active. I will try the Pro set Elite on a new IC-718 and if the reports are as good as the one's I've received on the 746, I will purchase another set.
Another side benefit.....when the wife & mom-in-law are cackling behind you, it cuts down most of that audio by nature of the mics position. My Heil boom mounted mics always pick up that QRM-in-law. :-)

KD4YDD Rating: 3/5 Jun 30, 2016 16:29 Send this review to a friend
Broke in a year! =(  Time owned: more than 12 months
My first Pro-Set Elite broke within a year. =(

The little T-swivel is where it broke on the left side of the headset. I have ordered a whole new Pro-Set Elite 6 and hope the new one will be better.

I am interested to see the difference in the 6 versus the iC element. I have an IC-7700.

Always superb audio reports.

KB4MNG Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2016 08:35 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: months
I've had my Heil Pro Set Elite 6 for about a month. It is an awesome boom set and I use it regularly in the shack.

I have several radios, Elecraft kx3, several Kenwood TS 520s and Ts 530. I need something that would readily interchange between the radios. This headsets works great with all my radios with great audio reports.

I have heard, " a $15 head set is just as good". I have one of those head sets and can say there is worlds of difference between the two. The quality of the heil is very good and wears comfortably. The $15 set feels very flimsy and uncomfortable plus it does not work with the older radios.....

KC8CB Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2016 15:03 Send this review to a friend
i love the headset  Time owned: more than 12 months
had this headset for abt 1 1/2 yrs now. i also have Yaesu hand mic, Kenwood MC-50 desk mic. they all gather dust now that i have the headset. Audio reports all always "excellent audio" on my Yaesu FTDX-1200 radio. i will not be using anything else. headset w/ foot switch works too well. if it isn't broke, don't fix it. i did buy the bigger ear cushions at Dayton for $11.00. made big difference in reducing ambient noise and comfort

W6BJB Rating: 4/5 Apr 14, 2016 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Good so far - note on AD-1YM  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first headset for a ham radio, although I have extensive experience with headsets and helmets in aviation. I haven't worn this headset for more than about 20 minutes at a time, so I can't speak to the comfort of it. I have noticed that it can get a little warm with the ear cup socks on.

The main reason for this review is to comment on the AD-1YM adapter as I'm using it with my Yaesu FT-857D. When you insert that adapter, you'll notice that you can't slide the radio's faceplate back on. Just take a knife and some nail clippers and clip a few of the yellow strain relief ribs off and you should be good. I think I clipped 3 or 4 of them off before the faceplate would fit. Heil knows about this, and they provided the suggestion. Hope this helps!

W0LD Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2016 11:06 Send this review to a friend
Re-Review  Time owned: more than 12 months
I, too, am writing a re-review of the Pro-Set Elite 6 headset. After calling the Heil service department, they instructed me on how to adjust the tension of the headset. I now can wear the phones for hours with no problem or pain. Bob and Co. really do well with their service!