Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Daiwa PS-304 Help

Reviews Summary for Daiwa PS-304
Daiwa PS-304 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 30 AMP LINEAR POWER SUPPLY

You can write your own review of the Daiwa PS-304.

N2MIG Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2017 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Unsung hero  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this Daiwa PS-304 twenty five years ago.
It is a flawless work horse. It has been running 24/7 all these years and the only time I opened it up (10 years ago) was to replace the power switch and tighten a binding post. Can't ask for better then that. It runs a little warm but it does not get hot. 1 inch air space around the unit, more than adaquate.

W8VKD Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2014 17:02 Send this review to a friend
Have 2 for over 20 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got one of these years ago after getting rid of an Astron due to transformer hum issues. It has been my mainstay PS for over 20 years. I liked it so well I bought a "basket case" unit at the Toledo swap years ago. Replaced a couple of burned resistors and a transistor in that one and I used it for running VHF/UHF brick amps on 2meters and 432mhz. Yes, they run warm but a little ventilation keeps them running just fine. It's the best return on investment in the shack.

N8YQX Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2014 06:46 Send this review to a friend
Solid power supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
This review is for the Daiwa PS-304II.

I've had this power supply for 20+ years, and has been my main power supply for my entire ham life.

It does run hot when I drive it hard with digital modes, but it keeps on working.

After many years, Volt/Amp switch did start acting up, but it was fixed when I cleaned the inside of the power supply with compressed air.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the power supply.

G7JZD Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2013 03:21 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this Power Supply for over 25 years now, and the only problem i have had was like some others, the power switch needed replacing after about 5 years, but no problem as it is a standard size, and easy to replace.
Mine never gets hot, warm but not hot, and running it with the transmitter at 95 watts, drawing about 20 amps.But it does have free air circulating all around it.

Mike G7JZD

ON4BHQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2013 05:06 Send this review to a friend
SOLID TANK  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have this one in use for about 25 yrs. As it gets hot, I built in an automatic cooling fan. Had to replace the mainswitch after 20 years, so what? Just a great power supply and always repairable in all times. You cannot say this about a switching supply!

ON9CC Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2012 01:48 Send this review to a friend
Reliable power.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine new some 20 years ago or so (early 90's). After a couple of years the on/off switch came apart and I replaced it with a look alike. Besides that never any issues. No hum. Can just get very hot, but I use a small fan to cool it when needed.

K5YZS Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2011 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Super: Older RS-300  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Daiwa RS-300 predates the PS-304 and is over 25 years old and built like a tank. I did set a cooling fan behind rear for extra cooling as heat sink does get quite warm. In early 2010 I had to replace the rocker on/off switch that finally came apart in pieces after many years. Great job Daiwa. 73 Jim retired engineer K5YZS

ON4BHQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2010 12:37 Send this review to a friend
GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own this one for about 15 years now.
Never had any problem, however it can get very hot.
So I built in a thermal switched cooling fan, just to be sure.

2E0RDO Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2010 00:06 Send this review to a friend
Very Reliable Power Supply  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
An excellent linear power supply, i have found it to be most reliable, no noisy fans either, just a nice big heat sink on the rear.