Reviews Categories | Receive Pre-amps | Keps 0535AN2 Help

Operating Voltage 11 - 15 V
Output IP3 @ 2.4GHz +32 dBm
Current Consumption 100 mA
More info: http://www.keps.it

You can write your own review of the Keps 0535AN2.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 4/5 Dec 9, 2010 10:02 Send this review to a friend
nearly FB  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a wide band, high IP3 amplifier without any passband filter. If used without any passband filter, my unit was easily overloaded producing an S9++ wideband noise deteriorating the signal received from my antenna. Using helix filters as a front-end of this preamplifier I solved completely the problem and performance becomes very good. I am using it for my HF-VHF-UHF-SHF down-conversion SDR receiver and I can copy easily SATS albeit I aim to receive EME using a wideband logperiodic.

My prempli runs quite warm. The point where DC is supplied to the preampli looks like a nail and I had to solder the wire to this sort of pin. There is no real connector for it. To avoid shorts I put the preampli in a plastic box, which is a nuisance.

Besides that, the nice looking Professional milled aluminium case is not watertight or waterproof and as said the DC point is quite ugly to see and should be protected from short circuits. More this unit is not designed to use the coax for DC.

The last but not the least, no schematics is provided. Personally I decided not to buy anymore products where I am not given the schematics. No schematics, no buy!

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 4/5 Aug 2, 2010 15:12 Send this review to a friend
some remarks  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a wide band, high IP3 amplifier without any passband filter. If used without any passband filter, my unit was easily overloaded producing an S9++ wideband noise deteriorating the signal received from my antenna. Using helix filters as a front-end of this preamplifier I solved completely the problem, however I noticed some unwanted interaction between the filters and the preamplifier so for example the gain with the helix filter for the 2m band becomes sensitive depending on the case that contains the filter itself.

My prempli runs quite warm. The point where DC is applied to the preampli looks like a nail and I had to solder the wire to this sort of pin. There is no real connector for it. To avoid shorts I put the preampli in a plastic box, which is a nuisance.