Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Simplex Basic Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Simplex Basic
Begali Simplex Basic Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $155
Description: Although this is the least expensive Begali key, it can hold it's own against many higher priced paddles. A heavy cast base, precision bearings and micro-threaded adjustments make this a real bargain.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Simplex Basic.

N4MJG Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2017 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Awesome key !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Atfer ordering spark key last year so happy with it !

After making my mind on this simplex basic with alum finger, I went on head order it! I'm glad i order this !

One of best paddle key ever use i'm not speed demon about 10 wpm but this key so awesome i really love them thanks to Bruna and Piero for best key proud owner of this lovely key i ever use !!

I'm so happy with this key !i never wanted to get sell it ! it's a keeper for sure

Jackie
M4MJG

KK4Z Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2016 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a long hiatus from CW I decided to take reacquaint myself with this wonderful mode. It's been about 20 years and I had long since sold my Bencher paddle.

I wanted to try something new so I first bought a Code Warrior Jr based upon the Vibroplex name. However, I could not make the Warrior work for me. So next I tried a Begali Simplex. What a beautiful set of paddles. The craftsmanship is excellent and was mostly set up the way I like it right from the box. Only a few minor adjustments and I felt right at home. Also the customer service from Begali was excellent. I think of it more as an experience...one that everyone should try. I will be going back.

A little about me. I was never a speed demon with code. In my heyday I was in the 16-18 wpm range. I am studying and practicing my code skills and should be able to get back in at around 13-15 wpm once I get the courage up to get back out there.

The Begali Simplex Basic is a few dollars more then some the other keys out there. But, the quality of construction makes it a bargain. If you are looking for your first set of paddles (and maybe your last) look no further.

KC9RNK Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2016 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Simply Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very high quality paddle. Sends my 23wpm effortlessly. Begali reviews for all they make, tell the story. Great company, with customer satisfaction with product number one priority. This shows in their craftsmanship, even on the Simplex Basic. Outstanding.

DG1UN Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2016 22:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very much recommended.
More expensive keys could not be better.
I recommend in addition the aluminium fingerpieces.
The plastic fingerpieces are too soft (my oppinion).
73 Uwe

4O4SM Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2016 12:49 Send this review to a friend
4O4SM, just perfect!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Shipped very fast, received in January, service is excellent (tnx to the sky, Bruna). After 20+ year, my home made akkukeyer with hm paddles goes to retirement, Begali Simplex Basic is very smooth, nice setting, heavy bottom, dust cover, cable, spare fingertips and I was lucky to get my callsign engraved. Tuvm, Begali family! I paired Begali Simplex with K16 (from K1EL) and it is a super combination. Tnx to very fast response from paddles, without problems I can sent 40wpm now...(with my old paddle was somehow slow response, homemade, HI).

K3ZKH Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2015 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Poetry in motion  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Brown Brothers BTL-A Iambic key served me well for 40 years. But finally age caught up with it. Enter the Simplex Basic. From start to finish the Begali experience has been salutary. Excellent and thoughtful communication from Bruna, quick and well-packed shipping, a key that is really a work of art are points along the way. The key is solid, finely adjustable, buttery smooth in operation, all in a stay-put base that's just the right size for me. I'ts a pleasure to use and machined to perfection. Thank you Begali!

N7RD Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2014 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Great Key  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned this key for about 1 year now. After getting it adjusted it's one of the nicest keys I have had the pleasure of using. It's heavy enough to stay put on the bench and the touch is light enough to make HS sending a pleasure. I would recommend this key to anyone, a real pleasure to use.

W4WLC Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2014 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Simplex just arrived today. Three days from Italy to Florida,that is fast shipping. The paddle is great, easy to adjust if need be and a real pleasure to use.

DF2AR Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2013 11:46 Send this review to a friend
ufb Paddle  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
During 15 years of Ham Radio I used a lot of paddles, Kent, MFJ, Bencher, K8RA and Schurr but Begali Simplex Basic was simply the best. In my opinion this is the most accurate paddle. I'll never sell it.

WM6Q Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2011 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Perfect instrument  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have not been on a keyer in years, but wanted to get started again. This was the one for me and I am happy with my choice. Very clean lines, simple to wire up, and a very solid feel