Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | HyGain Trap Traveler Help

Reviews Summary for HyGain Trap Traveler
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $???
Description: tri-band trapped Mobile Antenna
More info: http://???

You can write your own review of the HyGain Trap Traveler.

WA7DUY Rating: 3/5 Jan 27, 2014 11:11 Send this review to a friend
HyGain model TDK Trap-Traveller Micro Dipole worked very well.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the HyGain model TDK Trap-Traveller "Micro Dipole" in 1967 to use from my college dorm room. I really liked that setup and it worked very well then. I paid $25 for it as a novice but see that it sold for $9.95 in 1960 as per page in a 1960 Allied Catalog. The antenna was very handy and worked very well. Now I am trying to repair this antenna. The plastic became very brittle and deteriorated and broke. I can not get an identification on the type of plastic to try to repair the plastic but after 45 years what do you expect. I do wish HyGain and others still produced this item as the handy duffle bag made it ideal for portable operation along with the window sill clamp on the 3 ft mast.

Being a trap dipole it is not the most efficient but is handy. Also bands have been added since 1960 and this antenna does not include the 12 and 17 meter bands.

W3IH Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2010 15:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked up this antenna years ago and it sat in a corner for quite awhile. I finally decided to give it a try on the car. The antenna telescopes from 3 ft to about 8 1/2 ft in 3 sections. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. I consistently received good reports on the three bands it covers, 20-15-10 meters. It has 1.2:1 swr or less and I can change bands without getting out of the car since it is a trap antenna. And this thing is really built heavy duty. The traps are in a aqua colored plastic cover in the center of the antenna to protect the coils/capacitors. I wish they still made antennas like this. I have no documentation on this antenna, but I am on the lookout for it.