Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Eco trapdipole 10-15-20-40-80m Help

Reviews Summary for Eco trapdipole 10-15-20-40-80m
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $80 euro's
Description: 5 bands, one coax
More info: http://www.ecoantenne.it/product_info.php?cPath=21_32&products_id=85

You can write your own review of the Eco trapdipole 10-15-20-40-80m.

IZ1TGH Rating: 3/5 Mar 14, 2011 11:08 Send this review to a friend
My first antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
First of all, I have to say that I have no comparison terms, because it has been my very first HF antenna since I got licenced.
Then, I am in a very unlucky position, closed into a valley, very near to mountains hiding me South-East and North-West. I've also a very small roof (5,5 metres by 11 metres), so I had to mount my ECO in a very weird configuration: the long arms (for 40 and 80 metres) are mounted as lying vee and the short arms (10-15-20 metres) are mounted more canonically, as inverted vee.
With a good old Daiwa antenna tuner, I got to tune it also for 160 metres, all WARC bands and 50 MHz too, with SWR levels not higher than 1,7:1!
Even if it's designed for 10-15-20-40-80 metres, the most satisfying QSO I've ever had so far, was working Cameroon in RTTY on 17 metres with 50 Watts!
I'm sure I'm missing lots of weak signals, but I'm happy to have worked all Continents in PSK31 with 30 Watts only.

IW9CTR Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2010 06:24 Send this review to a friend