Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Stradivarius Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Stradivarius
Begali Stradivarius Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $435
Description: Magnetic dual lever high-performance paddle with a nicely engraved titanium nitrate base and a unique torsion blade suspension.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Stradivarius.

SA6AUT Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2013 14:11 Send this review to a friend
"My Precious"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not only a superb instrument, heavy and precise!
It also is a hit for the eye and joy to operate!!!

Way to go Begali

W2KS Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2013 06:48 Send this review to a friend
WOW!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I finally broke the bank and purchased the Stradivarius. Dealing with Bruna was a pleasure, and she even offered to have my key inscribed for free. The movement is exceptional, and the spacing is so precise that all I merely have to do is slightly touch the paddle to make contact. The Stradivarius is a work of art. Also shipping from Italy via DHL only took 3 days to NY. If you can afford one, buy it.

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2012 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Beyond Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a long, long hiatus I recently returned to CW. I started with a Bencher BY-1 as many do. I then got a Scheunemann Morse Dirigent which was a quantum leap up. It is a great key.
I finally felt compelled to purchase the Bigali Stradivarius - Unbelievable!!
I did not realize a key could be so good. Now code practice is a pleasure rather than a chore.
I wish I could give it a ten.

VE7EPP Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2012 18:40 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It looks perfect, feels perfect, and is a perfect addition to my station. I love it.

W9BDN Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2012 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Awesome craftmansship  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The finest workmanship and set of paddles I've ever owned. Been sending CW for 45 years and these are the best. I have mine adjusted so that a piece of paper will not fit in the gap but yet the keying is perfect. The pivots work like a taut band meter, the pivots are actually a metal band flexing ever so slightly. Absolutely no free play what so ever. Thanks to Pietro and Bruna for quick shipping and an awesome product !!

73's, Steve

F6HTL Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2012 01:20 Send this review to a friend
The best key I've ever owned !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Stradivarius key is marvelous in terms of precision and feeling and it's heavier that I primarily thought (difficult to figure out with the photo). The new torsion system is definitely a MUST : Really effortless (that was a shock) and no backlash at all.

I own several keys from different manufacturers - among them is a Begali Signature (another very good key) - but, when it comes to the joy of playing with a very good instrument, my preference goes to the Stradivarius.

Certainly not my last Begali key. Thanks Piero ! (and Bruna for her customer service and kindness).

73 de Michel, F6HTL

N3JT Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2011 04:53 Send this review to a friend
Impressive!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used keyer paddes for over 50 years, starting with a steak knife and culminating with dual-lever W8FYO, Schurr and Vibroplex keys. At the time it was produced and for long after, the W8FYO represented the finest in CW keys. For several years I used the Schurr key, which had belonged to my old friend HK0BKX. Then I returned to my Vibroplex, which seemed to produce fewer errors than the Schurr. I was happy using the Vibroplex for several years, until the Stradivarius found its way into my shack. I believe the Stradivarius is the best key I've used. How much of this assessment is biased by some subjective combination of appearance, manufacturing features, price paid, and reputation? And are there other premium keys I have not tried that might similarly impress me, including other Begali models? Like in so many areas of personal evaluation, our experience, psychological makeup and even physiology come together to yield an impression of whatever we assess. For a key, for me, this Stradivarius is a cut above the others. Put differently, I really do like it!

WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2011 17:22 Send this review to a friend
Remarkably beautiful; impressively accurate  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This paddle is awesome. I've practically got the contacts closed, yet I still send with very few, if any, errors! This torsion system really does have a different 'feel'. A couple years ago,I switched to single lever paddles because I was making errors with Iambic paddles (I don't "do" Iambic). Had I been able to purchase this Stradivarius at that time, there would have been no need. It's just an incredibly beautiful key with performance that is over the top. The finish is flawless. I have the carbon fiber fingerpieces and they are very comfortable and enhance the enjoyment of using this paddle. As usual, Bruna Begali's customer service pegged the meter. The product was shipped on a Wednesday morning (East Coast time) and arrived at my door the next day at 11:25 a.m. (again East Coast time). DHL and Begali make a great team. This is my sixth Begali key. I love CW and I've been doing it for 51 years. I've owned a lot of different keys. I feel that at last I've found the engineering, physical beauty, and performance that I've evidently been searching for in Piero Begali's products. Because this is my sixth product I would like to add that the customer service, the packaging, the email exchanges, the payment process, and the shipping and customs have all been consistently exceptional, predictable, and completed with never a single issue.

DK4DM Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2011 11:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I love it. It looks nice. It weighs a lot. It's precise. Best of all: It feels really good.

ZS6RJ Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2011 13:31 Send this review to a friend
Beauty, precision and innovation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned a Signature for 5 years (my workhorse) and fell for a Stealth not so long ago, which is scarily precise to use.

The beauty of the Stradivarius along with the torsion system got the better of me, so I finally bludgeoned my piggy bank to death entirely and purchsed one. Mine's got a set of specially made carbon fiber finger pieces in addition to the standard ones, and also has solid gold contacts. I figured that torsion with the lightness of carbon fiber would make for one exceptionally responsive paddle. I wasn't wrong. This paddle is by far the most sensitive to adjustment out of all three.

It's a very different feeling to a bearing-based paddle and I'm loving it. I really hope Piero brings out some more designs with the torsion system. I've become a big fan. If your piggy bank still has some life in it, I'd recommend wrecking it for this one!

73, de Roger, ZS6RJ