Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Mirage C-2512G 222-225 MHz Amplifier Help

Reviews Summary for Mirage C-2512G 222-225 MHz Amplifier
Mirage C-2512G 222-225 MHz Amplifier Reviews: 3 Average rating: 2.3/5 MSRP: $345.95
Description: SSB, CW, FM amplifier. Works from 222-225 MHz. 1-40 W drive produces up to 120 W output power. Requires 13.8 VDC. Includes pre-amp.
More info: http://www.mirageamp.com/Product.php?productid=C-2512-G

You can write your own review of the Mirage C-2512G 222-225 MHz Amplifier.

K9DER Rating: 4/5 Jan 19, 2012 19:45 Send this review to a friend
works fine  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
got this unit used, and it works fine pre-amp also works fine.running an alinco dr-235 5 watts in 45 out 10 in 75 out 25 in 120 out.dont know about other units, maybe i have the only one that does what its supposed to.

WB0YLE Rating: 0/5 Mar 10, 2011 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Don't bother  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ick.

Unfortunately, there are not many 1.25 meter amps to choose from, and that Mirage/MFJ is one of them only helps reduce the usage on this band due to the dearth of selections in radio and amplifiers.

For the price, to get a piece of equipment that comes with NO fuse holders attached, and DOA after waiting 5 weeks for them to find some illiterate to hand solder the thing with a weller 250w soldering gun and doesn't work (in fact...it acted like a big dummy load) besides...and then wait for 3 weeks (and counting) for it to get repaired, even with their dealer (HRO) banging on their door...simply shameful (MFJ, not HRO...).

Loose wiring inside, globs of solder all over the place, coils unevenly wound, discrete components not tight to the board...but, the power light DID work. Not that that really meant anything.

It really could have made a good, albeit expensive door stop.

Should have sprung for a professionally made product instead of this piece of junk (is that why MFJ stands for Mighty Fine Junk?)

Hey, Mr. Jue: your products are sullying your name. Don't you care? Don't you read what people say about your products? Or is it more important to buy up the carcasses of formerly well-respected companies and produce trash with their name on the faceplate?

If you are looking for an amp for this band (and, I'm assuming, potentially other bands as well, since I can't help but wonder what the QC is on them as well...), steer away from anything currently produced by Mirage/MFJ. Far away. You will be sorry if you don't...and not sorry if you do.

K6QT Rating: 3/5 Aug 24, 2010 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Good amp, but needs to be more reliable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this amp (including another Mirage amp) just a few months ago. Both have gone bad in just a few months. I am a bit disappointed at this. I am also disappointed that it is necessary to pay postage both TO and FROM the manufacturer to get this fixed! At first it worked great. I plugged a 5 W HT into this amp in my car and I would get a good measured 52 W of output. It pleased me exceedingly and would hit repeaters around my area as far as 130 miles away. But then for some reason, it just stopped working and I have no idea why. http://www.mirageamp.com/man/pdf/C-2512-G.pdf is the URL for the manual, for those who are interested. I would actually love to have the C-1022G, which produces 220 W of output with only 1-10 W of drive. But this one is $700. What happens if this one stops working? Wow! They don't have a good track record, in my book, but I don't know what else to use out there. That being said, I have gotten a lot of use out of this one and if they can fix it without charging me a fortune, I would like to continue using it and might even consider getting the C-1022G, the high-power one.