Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Bozak 222 Mhz Amateur base station antenna 5/8 Help

Reviews Summary for Bozak 222 Mhz Amateur base station antenna 5/8
Bozak 222 Mhz Amateur base station antenna 5/8 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $84.00
Description: This is a NEW in the box BOZAK Antenna. Ready to use on 222Mhz, Base station Antenna, 3 dB gain, transmit or receive. SWR is set at the factory but it is field tunable. Stainless steel hardware, 3 radials, mounts included, PL-259 connect on the bottom, fiberglass white, supper heavy duty. about 4 feet tall and weighs about 3 Lb. great for home or repeater use.

You can write your own review of the Bozak 222 Mhz Amateur base station antenna 5/8.

K6ZRX Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2016 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Good quality and works well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was given one of these antennas by a friend for a repeater project, planning to use it as a temporary antenna to get things on the air, but it has been up for 3 years now. The quality is much better than most of the ham type fiberglass sticks. The radiating element is tunable, so it is easy to obtain a good match where you need it. The hardware was stainless steel SAE, not metric. It has held up well to the wind (we have no icing at this site). The antenna is used on two combined 222 ACSB ham repeaters.
KB3MRU Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2012 16:15 Send this review to a friend
Heavy Duty!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've only had a few days, but this [model GP3V222] is way better than the Copper J pole I was using for 222. It is very heavy duty and comes pre-tuned for the Amateur 222 band, although it is field tunable to 214~230Mhz. Claim of 3dB gain seems accurate.

It comes with stainless mounting hardware and the only assembly is just screwing on the three radials. Entire antenna is protected in a thick chunky fiberglass tube.

If anything changes, I'll update my review.
K2HAT Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2010 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Real nice antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have one of the 222 Mhz Bozak antennas,
and am very happy with it, as with any Bozak
antennas I have used so far.

Very well built, as are all the items
I have seen from Bozak. :)

Email Steve for more info, he lives near me,
and is really a nice person.

73 de K2HAT Lee