Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Jetstream JTMHF-75 and JTMHF-40 Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTMHF-75 and JTMHF-40
Jetstream JTMHF-75 and JTMHF-40 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $$19.95 and $14.95
Description: 75 and 40 meter mobile loaded whip antennas
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTMHF-75 and JTMHF-40.

KB1GMX Rating: 1/5 Mar 23, 2013 18:46 Send this review to a friend
failed  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My 40M whip failed due to the aluminum wire corroding and giving up.

I rewound it with the same gauge copper and put a new layer of shrink to make it look right and it works better. The 20ga alumninum wire besides
being fragile is also far to much resistance for
a electrically short whip.

Gets a 1 for low cost but otherwise very poor.

WA0ACF Rating: 1/5 Mar 28, 2012 18:03 Send this review to a friend
No continuity  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The JTMHF40 would not load up in my mobile installation but my 102" whip would load up. I traced the problem to no continuity between the threaded mounting end and the tip rod. Furthermore, I could not get continuity at any point on the threaded mount. It appears that the metal is either anodized or chromated by some process that is non-conductive. Perhaps someone who knows the difference can explain it. I did not pursue re-heating the solder joints because I couldn't even get continuity across the threads. Gave up on it, bought another brand of antenna.

WM8E Rating: 2/5 Jul 19, 2011 18:28 Send this review to a friend
no solder joint  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Why suffer from the disappointment of a antenna failure later on when you can enjoy a defective product right out of the box.The Jetstream I purchased had "solder joints" that were not just "cold", they had never been joined.I attempted to solder them but the cheap copper clad wire would not accept the solder, even with good quality electrical solder paste. I ended up making a mechanical connection to the brass with stainless mini hose clamps. Consider this a "antenna kit" for the do it yourselfer.

KE6WPP Rating: 4/5 Sep 1, 2010 22:59 Send this review to a friend
cold solder joints  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the 75 and 40 meter jetstream antennas from R and L electronics a couple of months ago and have only one complaint. both antennas had cold solder joints where the copper wire attaches to the brass hardware. I have suggested a fix to Jetstream. my repair took only a few minutes with an old 40 watt soldering iron that had enough mass to heat wire, fitting and solder at the same time. antenna work great otherwise. much less expensive than Hamstik's and easier to store in your trunk.
Scott, KE6WPP