Reviews Categories | Weather Stations | LaCrosse WS-1613-IT Professional Weather Center Help

Reviews Summary for LaCrosse WS-1613-IT Professional Weather Center
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 0.5/5 MSRP: $150
Description: Features time, date, calendar, weather forecast, wind direction and speed, rainfall, outdoor temperature
and outdoor humidity, air pressure and various alarm settings for different weather, and 2 display units.
conditions
More info: http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/

You can write your own review of the LaCrosse WS-1613-IT Professional Weather Center.

W3UTD Rating: 0/5 Sep 21, 2010 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Trsut the reviews, this one is awful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My lesson learned, trust the reviews. I got a good ebay deal and figured maybe I would get lucky and not suffer the same fate as other reviewers here and elsewhere. NOT! Wireless 900MHz would not receive data from any of the units, wind or temp even when setup across the living room table. Tech support gives you the same info as the forums, manual says the same thing, but it simply did not work.

I will not waste my money again, and will get a Davis unit.

VE3LNY Rating: 1/5 Sep 10, 2010 15:22 Send this review to a friend
Steer clear  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this unit from an eBay vendor that was flogging a bunch of them. What attracted me was that it was wireless and has 2 display units, so I thought I could have one upstairs and one downstairs.

My first surprise was that downstairs was out of range, even though I could almost see the sending unit out the window. So much for that idea.

I used the unit for all of 2 months before the sending unit batteries went flat. Not quite the "1 year" the manual predicted! Then you find out that replacing the batteries requires that all the units be powered down so the wireless network can synchronize. Of course this means that all the setup parameters are forgotten and you have to set both display units up again.

At least I have not had any RF interference problems with it. Another complaint is that several confusing button presses are required to reset the rainfall counter.

Steer clear of this one.