Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Duck Buster 2m/440 antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Duck Buster 2m/440 antenna
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: This is a very compact j-pole antenna designed primarily as a replacement for a rubber duck antenna when stationary. It comes with a fiberglass stand that assembles in a way similar to tent poles.
More info: http://wa4aiw@gmail.com

You can write your own review of the Duck Buster 2m/440 antenna.

KW4HKY Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2012 16:40 Send this review to a friend
Bust buy Amateur Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was a non believer until I hooked my HT up to the meter and saw how little actual power I was transmitting on. Hooked up the Duckbuster and pegged the needle. I started talking to repeaters I could not even touch.

You will find no better foul weather antenna. I strung mine to the rafter in my attic and ran it to my station. I have no problem hitting repeater 35 miles away on my FT 60R. I also hook it up to my Trunking scanner and it does everything my 17" scanner antenna does.

The new desing will fit the base and antenna in a large size freezer bag. I stick my HT and extra battery in the same bag and take it everywhere, expecially hunting and riding my Harley.

I have yet to meet a person that didn't buy at least one more after they own one.

A simple map pin and you can hang it from the ceiling moulding in your house and "tune" it to the repeater you need.

KJ4SFL Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2011 09:44 Send this review to a friend
Good for field use  Time owned: more than 12 months
Iíve got 2 of these things and they are great! My first Iíve had for over a year and just got a new one at the Morganton Hamfest. The new has a few new added design upgrades too.

The new one has a better mast that collapse easier and Velcro loops are attached to the antenna as well as a eye let to string it up a tree like I do for field use.

Surprisingly broad band too!

KG4AEP Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2010 20:48 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for emergency or temporary use.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased one of these today at a local hamfest and have to admit that I was quite skeptical when I first looked at it. It comes packaged in a large ziploc bag and has a definite "homemade" feel to it. Well, don't let the homemade appearance fool you. It is quite a performer!

Assembly was easy. The base is made of PVC and fiberglass and is definitely solid. It snaps together in a fashion similar to how tent poles fit together. Overall height is roughly 5 feet.

The antenna is a j pole type made of RG-58 coax and ladder line. Despite the simplistic look of the final product, you can see the quality of workmanship that went into it. All connections are dressed with shrink tubing and all soldered connections are clean and solid. I know this antenna will serve me reliably for years to come.

When it came to testing the antenna, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I hooked it to my HT and was able to operate with full quieting on a repeater that I could not even "kerchunk" with the rubber duck antenna. All testing was done indoors on the first floor of a 2 story house.

Some may say that you could assemble this yourself, and perhaps they are right. However, the quality and performance of this antenna are top notch. I definitely feel that I received my money's worth.