Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Radio Oasis G5RV 80-10m Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Oasis G5RV 80-10m
Radio Oasis G5RV 80-10m Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $62.00
Description: Simple 80-10m G5RV made by George, K2ZZ
More info: http://radio-oasis.com/

You can write your own review of the Radio Oasis G5RV 80-10m.

KI4ODO Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2016 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Great for a G5RV  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A G5RV is what it is. There are many opinions good and bad about the antenna. This one by Radio Oasis is a very well constructed, tough as nails, no nonsense G5RV. Mine stayed up during Hurricane Matthew, and although we only got winds of 50mph or so, it had no issues. I was right back on the air as soon as the lights came back on. Tunes well 80-10m with my LDG-100plus tuner. This one, for whatever reason, tunes very, very easy on 30m. I got this one from Ham Radio outlet and am very pleased with it. I wish Radio Oasis made a windom, I would certainly get one just because of the rugged construction.

K2HAT Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2016 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Great quality and workmanship  Time owned: more than 12 months
I met up with some Friends for Field Day 2016, we had decided we wanted to try a G5RV closer to the ground this year, so of course we got our new antenna from George at Radio Oasis. :)

Took this antenna out of the package and the first thing I noticed, is everything is neatly put together, even the packaging is well done.

Got the Radio Oasis G5RV {102ft} up in the air,about 20 foot off the ground at one end, about 30 foot off the ground at the other.
It worked Great, we were very happy to have this antenna for use in Field Day 2016.

When I dropped it down, I took my time and put it away as neat as I could, so we can use it again next year.

George is a really nice Man, and builds a very good product at a fair price.
I highly recommend Radio Oasis antennas for anyone who wants a quality wire antenna.
This was not the first antenna from Radio Oasis that I have used, and will not be the last.

73 K2HAT

W2UIS Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2015 07:47 Send this review to a friend
G5RV Jr Version  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just installed the G5RV Jr (10-40 meters) model of this antenna as an Inverted V at 24 feet. Quality construction and easy to install. Affordable antenna to put a station on HF.

NE2Z Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2012 14:05 Send this review to a friend
First contact New Zealand  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had my previous G5RV from another manufacturer up for seven years. It survived Irene but later in September 2011 succumbed to deterioration of connection from center twinlead to the flattop.

Finally I got around to putting up another G5RV this time made by Radio Oasis. The only differences between the Radio Oasis G5RV and my previous G5RV is this one uses #18 Ladder line and no balun while the previous G5RV used #18 Gauge "twinlead" and a balun.

I'll let the academics debate the differences but real world performance so far has shown none. Know that with both antennas there was only two feet between the ground and where my feedline connected to the antenna.

Just be sure after raising the Radio Oasis G5RV that you check and re-tighten the nuts that connect the ladder line to the coax adapter. They may loosen in your constant uncoiling of wires and feedline when raising this or any wire antenna.

N2MIG Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2011 11:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent just like TV Evans built them  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used G5RV's for 20 years. My first one was built by Tommy (TV) Evans in 1999. it lasted 13 years until tree came down in a hurricane. I then went through two in three years from other manufacturers. (I have some serious wind conditions at the QTH). I came accross Radio Oasis, touting it was built exactly like the TV Evans production. He isn't kidding. It's rugged as hell and will stand up to anything. I made one minor modification (not really needed) to give it additional strength. I used a heavier cable tie to secure the ladder line to the center contuctor.

KC2NIJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2010 02:28 Send this review to a friend
Great G5RV antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this at a local hamfest last year, and finally put it up at the beginning of this year's summer. Since then, I have added about 100 contacts this year, which is more than I ever have in my entire time licensed! The center is only 16' off the ground, but the center section comes away at an angle to a post in the ground to provide the required length. With a good tuner, I can get most bands down to below 1.5 SWR, including 160m!!!

The construction of this antenna. It has been through a few windstorms, and a lot of rain, and no issues. The real test is coming up soon. We'll have to see if it'll survive the winter.

If you're looking for a decent G5RV, try Radio Oasis!