Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | DK7CX -Antennas CX3040 RD (rotary dipol) Help

Reviews Summary for DK7CX -Antennas CX3040 RD (rotary dipol)
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $850
Description: Very rugged rotary dipol for 40m and 30m with prefabricated welded parts
More info: http://www.dk7cx-antennas.de/

You can write your own review of the DK7CX -Antennas CX3040 RD (rotary dipol).

DK2NG Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2010 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Great choice  Time owned: more than 12 months
Due to limited space for a bigger directional antenna, I decided to get a rotary dipol for the 30m and 40m bands in Oct. 2008. I searched a suitable offer for a while and found one at DK7CX-Antennas, a smal business in Oelsnitz close to Munich. I called Rolf and he sent me immedialtel an extensive and lovingly designed catalouge.
We spoke several times more often intensively on the phone about my project. I then ordered the antenna and UPS deliverd the 2,5m package right away.
The set up was easy-going thanks to the detailed and conclusive description. The pre-assembled linear-element sections consists of MIG-welded aluminum parts. The tubular capacitors are also already build. Lasercut AL gripper clamps are used to provide the antenna with a tight grip and good contacting for the parts.
The rotary dipol is not complicated to build up. Nevertheless the ajustment to a minimum SWR is easy possible yet not nescessary in practical use. Right from the start I reached on both bands an SWR of 1:1.5.
The two halves of the dipol are isolated fixed on a solid, 8mm thick A1base plate in an slight angle. Thus prevent the sag and the antenna looks quite inconspicuously in spite of it's length.
I set up the antenna about 2m above an Optibeam and turned it 90. This way it was possible to minimize the opposite undue influence of both antennas.
With this antenna I was able reach a distinct enhancement of my system. The direcitvity is clearly detectible and impressively.
For the radio amateur with limited space is this Rotrary Dipol a great choice and will find its place on the already present pole. DX is now much quicker to work.
I wouldn't want to miss this Antenna anymore and recommend it for every ambitious radio amateur.