Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | microHAM DigiKeyer II Help

Reviews Summary for microHAM DigiKeyer II
microHAM DigiKeyer II Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $339
Description: DigiKeyer II™ is a powerful All-In-One USB interface for amateur radio digital mode operation including RTTY, PSK31, MFSK, Olivia, WSJT, APRS, PACKET, and many others which builds on the proven DigiKeyer.

DigiKeyer II™ includes a rig control interface for all supported radios (Elecraft, Icom, JRC, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, and Yaesu), an internal Stereo sound chip using standard Windows Sound drivers, K1EL WinKey CW Keyer, and independent PTT outputs for both LNA and Power Amplifier control.
More info: http://www.microham-usa.com/Products/DKII.html

You can write your own review of the microHAM DigiKeyer II.

W4GV Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2013 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought thekeyer to act as an interface for my FTDX9000S or FT1000D. Can't say enough. It's done everything I've asked of it. Recently I realized that my logging program (Logic 9) was compatible with the K1EL Winkeyer. Did the interface (basically just id'ing the serial interface) and it worked immediately. I was able to set aside the second keyboard I had dedicated to the DigiKeyer and just use the one for my logging program. Less clutter and more station integration. So far I've used it with both radios, two amps (an Alpha 9500 and an Ameritron 1200), MultiPSK, MMTTY, Writelog, N1MM, and Logic 9. Was able to set aside clutter and be more competitive in RTTY and CW contests.

F4EGA Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2011 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I realy love this interface.
Already buy the first version and love it, i bought the second version for the IC-7800 and it's really a great interface for CAT, CW, FSK for RTTY works very well.
I like the build in CAT interface, real FSK CW..., built in sequencer for VHF with RCA plug for LNA and AMP.
I tried some interface but this one is the best for sure.

DL9RCF Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2011 03:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the MICROHAM DIGI KEYER 2 after a long time of thinking if i really need it - TRX here is a K3 - so I did not really need it - but now i am able to work FSK and have no problems with all the audio cables and the fiddling around with computer soundcard settings...just one USB cable does the job and a soundcard is built in...- software setup was easy (using here MIXW, MTTY and RCKLOG) - costs with high quality cable for K3 about 300 EUROs - i do not regret a single Euro spent on the MICROHAM DIGI KEYER 2 - I would recommend it if you like RTTY (and other digimodes)...also VERY NICE for CW keying...i love it...

KB1NXE Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2011 17:19 Send this review to a friend
Solves issues no one else can!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the DigiKeyer II to replace a SignaLink USB only because itwas advertised it would resolve issues in my station. My station consists of an Icom IC-756 Pro III and an Icom IC-PW1 amp. I control my station with HRD. A well known and documented problem exists where the IC-PW1 will hot switch due to buss collisions on the IC-V serial buss. Not at all good. Well, I thought I had the solution, however still experienced buss collisions even with the DigiKeyer II.

As a subscriber to the Yahoo IC-PW1 group, a message come out that the DigiKeyer had a second CI-V connection to eliminate the issue! I set out to find out how and contacted microHam USA on a Saturday afternoon with absolutely no expectation for an answer before Monday. Would you believe they answer within a few short hours! Tech Support on a weekend? Extremely fast response? Unheard of support! Who else does that? Not even DX Engineering!

So, what you get is a very easy to install and get working product, a solution to vexing problems and support that is unmatched. Who would ask for more? If you have the same issues, this is the answer (BTW, I had the necessary parts to cobble together the recommended solution and it DOES solve the issue). I'm glad I went this direction.

W0VX Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2010 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Solid Performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With 2 months of use, including some RTTY and CW contesting, the Digi Keyer II has performed flawlessly with my FT-2000D using DX4WIN, N1MM, MMTTY, and DigiPan software. It allowed me to replace my K1EL WinKey USB, SignaLink USB, and USB to serial converter with a single small box.

Functionally I especially like the ability to copy RTTY on both the Main and Sub VFO at the same time. The ability to use true FSK transmit is a real plus over sound card solutions.

The hardware is well built using quality components. The enclosure is metal providing good shielding. There is no RFI to or from the Digi Keyer II.

The microHAM router software runs perfectly on Windows 7. It is necessary to configure the internal hardware jumpers for your radio and the router for your ham software applications. Beyond that 15 minute job, installation is plug and play using the included radio and USB cables.