Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | G0NVT PB213LTSLC Help

Reviews Summary for G0NVT PB213LTSLC
G0NVT PB213LTSLC Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $200
Description: Ingenious spring loaded contact long arm morse key, based on the Marconi PS213. Designed and built by Phil Boyle, G0NVT

You can write your own review of the G0NVT PB213LTSLC.

K3EY Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2014 10:35 Send this review to a friend
IMPRESSED  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very impressed with Phil's piece of fine art work. Having been a journeyman machinist for over 43 years, I know what is and what is not good workmanship. Phil's work is beyond excellent. I own serial number 35 which incorporates the heavy metal bottom for a very sturdy stance, no matter how heavy the fist, it stays put. The feel can be adjusted to anyone’s preference, from stiff to light bouncy and everything between. Having owned many straight keys this is the only one I will be using, all others have fallen short of my personal preference. Phil set the bar extremely high fabricating this Key! Phil sells these Keys on eBay. I was lucky enough that he had an extra one made when I missed the end of his auction. These Keys will become sought after in the future, the Stradivarius of straight keys.

73---Curt/k3ey

GM0FFB Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2013 01:38 Send this review to a friend
G0NVT Adaptation of the PS213 CRS Marconi key  Time owned: more than 12 months
This key is without doubt a good looking, well made adaptation of the PS213 Marconi key. The keys action is very soft and precise and lends itself to sending CW for hours on end without enduring wrist ache. I tend to use all of the keys in my key collection on HF CW and when I decided to live fulltime on a boat the PB213 had to be one of my two key allocation chosen to join me.I chose the G0NVT PB213 for straight key work and a Kent single paddle for fast morse operations. Visitors to our boat always comment on the G0NVT key's beauty and it is always the focal point of anybodys radio shack.

VE6LX Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2012 17:07 Send this review to a friend
Fanastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With the G0NVT PB213LTSLC the Morse almost sends itself.
The action is velvet smooth
The Sprung contact removes all harshness to any keying style.
The balance of the action is without par.
All this and the key looks great as well.

M0TRN Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2012 21:59 Send this review to a friend
Unsurpassed action and looks  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't think it's an exaggeration to call Phil G0NVT the best maker of straight keys in the world. His take on the PS213 classic is a stunningly beautiful piece with an amazing action. The spring loaded contact enables you to adjust the "feel" of the key as well as the spacing, it affects the sense of hardness of the contact and the return force experienced when keying.

Add to this that Phil is an incredibly nice chap who will go to great lengths to ensure satisfaction. I had commented that I thought the base in my key (serial number 05) was a bit on the light side and tended to slide around on the table when I was keying (I've got a somewhat heavy-handed fist). Phil thought long and hard about this and ended up with a modified design with a steel base inlaid in acetate, keeping the original look of the key but more than doubling the weight and making it absolutely rock steady on the desk. I can now pound away on it without a hint of movement. This key is so smooth and the action unsurpassed, and though I also use a Begali Sculpture at my station for iambic keying, I don't think I will ever use another base station straight key.

I posted some pictures of the key and this modification here: http://goo.gl/kfExW and there's a video of me using the key here: http://goo.gl/EDcGU

73 de Thomas M0TRN

N4EES Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2011 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Ingenious new key  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is the latest design by master keymaker Phil Boyle. It is based on the venerated Marconi PS213, but with a remarkable improvement. The contact is spring loaded, and adjustable, providing a range of "contact feel", from very soft to very hard. The action of this key is unsurpassed, IMHO. In terms of workmanship, they are flawless. A tremendous amount of care has gone into the design and finish of these keys. The only thing I would change is the weight of the base. I have affixed mine to a steel plate, using a couple of strips of double sided tape. Phil makes these great keys in small batches, from time to time. Highly recommended!