Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MyDEL MP-9626, 120 amp, 13.8v Help

Reviews Summary for MyDEL MP-9626, 120 amp, 13.8v
MyDEL MP-9626, 120 amp, 13.8v Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $320.00
Description: Switch mode, 120 amp, 13.8 volt power supply

You can write your own review of the MyDEL MP-9626, 120 amp, 13.8v.

G0MJK Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2013 02:22 Send this review to a friend
Magnificent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just bought this psu to run my. Tokyo-Hypower solid state amplifier. Really impressed with the build quality and the two fans are whisper quiet in operation. I will probably never require another psu , not too large and looks good on the operating desk, performance is faultless giving 72 amps with ease.

G4OBB Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2012 11:29 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
THIS IS A GREAT POWER SUPPLY ; FAUTLESS AND UNRELENTING POWER...YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER NEED ANOTHER POWER SUPPLY. RUNS MY 500 WATT SOLID STATE AND JUST ABOUT ALL ELSE.
LOVELY !!

ZS5J Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2010 13:30 Send this review to a friend
A gentle giant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have several solid-state amplifiers that require 80 amp's at 13.8 volts, and have not used them because I have never had a power supply large enough to power them. I had tested them out with large tractor batteries, but I don't like the use of batteries, so my amplifiers remained unused.

Last week, while browsing through Martin Lynch and sons website (London), I came across this power supply. It looked like it was just what I needed. I went ahead and bought one, and had it flown out with UPS. It arrived this morning - I was impressed with it's build quality, large and imposing, with two fans on the rear. I made up some heavy duty cables using welding cable, to go from the power supply to my Ameritron ALS-500 amplifier, and started testing into a dummy load. The power supply loafed along, supplying 70 amps with ease, which got the amplifier to 550 watts. I was really impressed how quite the power supply was, the two fans run simultaneously, but are whisper quite.
Next test was to scan the bands to check for any hash generated by the supply - nothing, I was unable to hear any noise generated by the supply on any band.

Although fairly large, it is not too heavy, being switch mode, and looks really neat on the operating desk. The front panel is un-cluttered, which I like - I don't like power supplies that have their outlets on the front, it makes for an untidy installation.
I am happy, and now I can make good use of my solid state amps that have been in the closet for so many years. I have only had this for one day, but on first impressions, and with test that I have done, I can recommend it.

John, ZS5J