Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | W7BRI 1430 Power Pack V1 Help

Reviews Summary for W7BRI 1430 Power Pack V1
W7BRI 1430 Power Pack V1 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $799.
Description: In a nutshell, this pack can be powered by AC or DC, and can do AC or DC power out as well. It can provide 10A max regulated charge to an internal or external battery...

It includes: 40Ah fire-retardant battery pack, Samlex 35A AC-to-DC switching power supply, Super PWRgate battery charger, DC volt/amp meter, fused DC power panel and 200W DC-to-AC power inverter.

These components are mounted in a rugged Pelican case that has its 4 holes filled by customized IP68 (waterproof) Bulgin bulkheads that prevent condensation/shocks.
More info: http://www.w7bri.com/1430PP/index.html

You can write your own review of the W7BRI 1430 Power Pack V1.

NP3IL Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2010 05:12 Send this review to a friend
Diversifies Emergency Power Pack  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I took the 1430 Power Pack to my ARES meeting last night. Everybody was impressed with how diversified the pack is. This is a great begining to start a 100% GREEN contacts. Many expressions about the Power Pack was the amount of thinking time the builder put into the pack.

This pack is also great for DXpeditions.

The main reason why I desided to get the 1430 Power Pack was a question a private citizen asked about my power after a Huricane or Tornados, which are very common in Florida. The Old power pack I stil have, am using it for its original purpose which was to start a car in an emergency. The challenge was set. I began to reseach the web for possible solutions. I created a requirements list to comply with the power needs (Power HAM radio and a Laptop for about 24 hours). I joined the Yahoo group Radio Jump Kits (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Radio_Jump_Kits/) and I started my search. Found the photos and started to organize my thoughts. 1. Need a Solar/Wind power to stay online I started searching for a "Quality" build. After 3 years planning I began bying the part I wanted my version of Power pack to have. At this time I needed some help in completing this project so I started emailing W7BRI. It turned out that W7BRI had more free time. I decided to mail the parts to W7BRI and have his expertize to construct the 1430 power pack. The 1430 Power pack had that "Quality" feel to it.

Currently I am considering adding a wind generator to the Jump-Kit. The 1430 power pack is the heart of the Jump-kit for power and survival.

Everybody should have one!!

Best Regards,