Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Ranger Factory repair Help

Reviews Summary for Ranger Factory repair
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Ranger's repair facility in California for their 5054 6 meter rigs plus their 10/12m radios.
More info: http://www.rangerusa.com

You can write your own review of the Ranger Factory repair.

EX_AA5JG Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2010 10:41 Send this review to a friend
Now this is service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a Ranger 5054DX 6 meter rig and had the backlight burn out on it this past August while on a trip-this is a common problem for the early 5054 models. Anyways, I finally decided to get it fixed because it is a great grab and go radio for 6m, or to leave in the shack listening to 50.125 all of the time.

I am in Oklahoma and the Ranger service department is in California. I shipped it by priority mail on Friday September 17. Ranger calls me on Tuesday September 21 saying it is finished-and gives me the total! They don't take credit cards so I had a choice of having them ship it COD or I could save the COD fee and send them a money order. I mailed them a cashiers check the next day (September 22), and got the radio back yesterday, September 29, packed very well. Total cost for repair and shipping was $50.

Now others companys could take a lesson from them-repair and shipping both ways in less than 2 weeks, with a very reasonable repair rate. If you need a Ranger rig repaired, their factory is the way to go.