Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | ABR Industries: Coax, etc. Help

Reviews Summary for ABR Industries: Coax, etc.
ABR Industries: Coax, etc. Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $100.95 25400F-PL-100
Description: Quality coax, connectors, shrink tubing and related items.
More info: http://abrind.com

You can write your own review of the ABR Industries: Coax, etc..

N2DY Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2016 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using ABR cables for a while now and recently replaced all the cables on my tower with their version of LMR 400 and LMR 600. The cable is clearly high quality and the connectors are on nice and tight. Dealing with Marc is a pleasure. I will certainly go to ABR in the future when needed.

KA5IVR Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have several runs of ABR Coax, at home and in the mobiles, that was either purchased direct from ABR or through HRO. Never had a lick of trouble with it. The connectors are well made and professionally installed. I'll continue to use it.

I agree with K6SBA, give the manufacturer/dealer a chance to make it right. Sounds to me like the guy may have received a roll that had been returned to HRO by another customer.

AD0AR Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 15:59 Send this review to a friend
25400 coax rocks!  Time owned: more than 12 months
First time I bought any of this was at Walcott CB... ahem.... they also sell ham products for those who are rolling their eyes hi hi.
I have all my EMCOMM ground based antennas connected with this stuff and my MFJ 1786 /88 antennas too. Never a problem, excellent signal through 2M vhf. Uhf I'd rather go with something less lossy for the 100' runs I have in my system but still works acceptably.
Some of my homebrew equipment uses silver plated SO-239's that the plating is a little bit too thick, but the ends on the ABR still mate perfectly where the cheap PL-259's will only snug half way up the threaded barrel when tightening.
In God we trust, all others we monitor AD0AR

K6SBA Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Quality Products+Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own about a dozen ABR RG-8X jumpers and an equal number of similar 3-ft jumpers from DX Engineering. ABR (and DXE) have quality products and excellent customer service.

When someone buys a product that appears to be defective, and doesn't give the manufacturer/dealer a chance to make it right, their opinions and experience have to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

73 de K6SBA
David in Santa Barbara, CA

N8ERM Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 11:03 Send this review to a friend
GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO MAKE IT RIGHT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't know what happened to the person that had the problem with ABR Industry's coax. I have purchased hundreds of feet of their feedline without a problem. I would hope that you had contacted HRO and gave them a chance to make this right. I stand completely my review of ABR Industry's coax.

KW4KC Rating: 0/5 Mar 20, 2016 20:45 Send this review to a friend
ABR Industries 25400F coax is JUNK.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought ABR Industries 25400F-PL-50 coax with crimped-on connectors from Ham Radio Outlet. Got it home and it was bad - ridiculously high SWR. Thinking it was the connectors, I replaced both with Amphenol PL-259's. Still high SWR. Just to be sure, and because I was second guessing myself and refused to believe the coax had some defect in the dielectric, I cut those connectors off and re-did them even more carefully, made double sure I didn't over-heat anything and had good solder points. Still no change, SWR consistently high. Well, at least now I know it's not the connectors...

So I coiled up that near $70 worth of LMR-400 and threw it in the junk pile. Grabbed a coil of old, used, beat-up RG8X, put new PL-259's on and hooked it up to the antenna and the analyzer and shazam!! SWR is fine across the band!! No problems at all now. The problem all along was that ABR Industries LMR-400 coax.

So, I CAN NOT recommend the ABR Industries 25400F-PL coax sold by Ham Radio Outlet. It is crap as far as I am concerned. And before anyone suggests it, I do know how to terminate coax, solder, etc. Somewhere along the length of that coax, there is likely a defect in the dielectric and after wasting $70, plus four PL-259's, I'm not wasting any more time trying to find the defect. Nor am I going to get more aggravated by driving an hour, fighting Atlanta traffic to get to HRO and complain because I do not expect a refund after my numerous attempts to get that crap ABR Industries coax to work. I'm just screwed.

Gamble with ABR Industries coax if you want. I dang sure won't. I've learned my lesson.

K5FAB Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2015 11:14 Send this review to a friend
High Quality, Moderate Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iím picky about quality. I needed some custom cables made to be able to quickly disconnect LMR400 in case of a storm. ABR did the research and located the female BNC connectors for the one end of the cables and PL259 on the other. These cables go from the Amp./Rigs through a window and can be disconnected on the outside of the window. I thought I would try ABR on this job and some ground straps and other miscellanies cables.

Bottom line, I will be looking to ABR Industries for my future cabling needs and would recommend them to others.

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2014 18:17 Send this review to a friend
ESTACTIC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I KNEW DOWN DEEP THAT THE C EX I WAS USING FOR 12 YEARS WAS JUNK !!! WENT FROM C EX 213 TO ABR RG8X...
HUGE DIFFERENCE !!!
MY AUTO TUNER IS INSTANT TUNE ...AMPS- FULL POWER ON ALL BANDS AND 10 DB QUIETER NOISE FLOOR... GO FIQURE !!!
WOW!!!
I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE OTHER STUFF BACK TO THE HAM STORE WHEN I BOUGHT 12 YEARS AGO ...
THANKS MARK...
GREAT STUFF!!!

N2SLO Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2014 07:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered 50 FT LMR 600 and within three days was at my door ready for weekend antenna work. Marc and team were spot on. My order was on-line. The quality of the cable is excellent- professional job. The price was reasonable. I am all for paying for quality. Thanks guys - will be back for future needs.

KJ3P Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2014 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Update: Still great service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I reviewed these folks a couple years ago, and I still say: What great service!

I needed a custom length of cable with connectors for an outdoor stub, and ABR shipped it the same day.

ABRís prices are ďpremiumĒ but fair, considering the quality and service. Every outdoor piece of coax I have is from ABR because of the fine UV-resistant jacket, the weatherproof heat-shrink tubing applied to each connector, along with a heat-shrink label showing the cable type and length. And you can get custom labels to help you avoid connecting the wrong cable on the tower and in the shack.

Iíve always felt that the antennas and transmission lines are the most important part of my setup; thatís why Iím glad to find this company.