Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | ABR Industries: Coax, etc. Help

Reviews Summary for ABR Industries: Coax, etc.
ABR Industries: Coax, etc. Reviews: 31 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $100.95 25400F-PL-100
Description: Quality coax, connectors, shrink tubing and related items.

You can write your own review of the ABR Industries: Coax, etc..

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2018 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent cables  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have been using their cables for several years,various jumper lengths from 1M to 4M.Also using 3 long lengths for dipoles from 100 to 150 ft. Never had a problem.All are 2400 series and are very well made.Highly recommended.
N4BE Rating: 2/5 Jan 1, 2018 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Poor  Time owned: more than 12 months
One of my coax cables became intermittent. These were the pre-made cables with connectors installed by ABR. I discovered that the shield braid is secured by crimping, not soldering! The braid had become loose in the crimp. I tried to repair but it was impossible because the center conductor could not be reinserted into the ABR connector. I bought a ton of these cables thinking they were top quality but the manufacturing shortcut of using crimp style connectors causes poor reliability. The raw cable is fine, their connectors not so much.
AK9S Rating: 2/5 Jul 8, 2017 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Bad Connectors  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased an ABR 6-foot jumper and to my disappointment, cheap N-male connectors were used. One has trouble turning and the other is completely seized. That is $30 in the trash for a product proudly made in American within weeks of purchase.

There is no warranty information provided by ABR on their website or any statement concerning returns.

Given these circumstances, I cannot in good faith recommend their products to the Amateur Radio Community.
N5XJT Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2016 08:48 Send this review to a friend
Better than Great!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Pefect coax, perfect ground braid, outstanding customer service. Great products and wonderful people to deal with. You can't do better than purchase from these folks.
N8ERM Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2016 16:29 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received some RG213/U from ABR. I always check the cables out before I install them. These checked out perfect as expected. Thanks ABR for all your help.
N2DY Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2016 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using ABR cables for a while now and recently replaced all the cables on my tower with their version of LMR 400 and LMR 600. The cable is clearly high quality and the connectors are on nice and tight. Dealing with Marc is a pleasure. I will certainly go to ABR in the future when needed.
KA5IVR Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have several runs of ABR Coax, at home and in the mobiles, that was either purchased direct from ABR or through HRO. Never had a lick of trouble with it. The connectors are well made and professionally installed. I'll continue to use it.

I agree with K6SBA, give the manufacturer/dealer a chance to make it right. Sounds to me like the guy may have received a roll that had been returned to HRO by another customer.
AD0AR Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 15:59 Send this review to a friend
25400 coax rocks!  Time owned: more than 12 months
First time I bought any of this was at Walcott CB... ahem.... they also sell ham products for those who are rolling their eyes hi hi.
I have all my EMCOMM ground based antennas connected with this stuff and my MFJ 1786 /88 antennas too. Never a problem, excellent signal through 2M vhf. Uhf I'd rather go with something less lossy for the 100' runs I have in my system but still works acceptably.
Some of my homebrew equipment uses silver plated SO-239's that the plating is a little bit too thick, but the ends on the ABR still mate perfectly where the cheap PL-259's will only snug half way up the threaded barrel when tightening.
In God we trust, all others we monitor AD0AR
K6SBA Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Quality Products+Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own about a dozen ABR RG-8X jumpers and an equal number of similar 3-ft jumpers from DX Engineering. ABR (and DXE) have quality products and excellent customer service.

When someone buys a product that appears to be defective, and doesn't give the manufacturer/dealer a chance to make it right, their opinions and experience have to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

73 de K6SBA
David in Santa Barbara, CA
N8ERM Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 11:03 Send this review to a friend
GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO MAKE IT RIGHT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't know what happened to the person that had the problem with ABR Industry's coax. I have purchased hundreds of feet of their feedline without a problem. I would hope that you had contacted HRO and gave them a chance to make this right. I stand completely my review of ABR Industry's coax.