Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | MFJ-347 Dipole Hamtenna Mount Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-347 Dipole Hamtenna Mount
MFJ-347 Dipole Hamtenna Mount Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $19.95
Description: Build your own 80-6 Meter mini-dipole using two HF mobile whips!

Mounts on mast up to 11/4 OD. Super heavy-duty solid aluminum construction. Only MFJ has exclusive, isolated dipole elements that let you insert balun or coil up coax to isolate feedline. Gives you a true balanced dipole that prevents RF on coax shield, eliminates pattern distortion, reduces noise pickup and RFI radiation from coax and provides deep dipole end-nulls for nulling out interference.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-347

You can write your own review of the MFJ-347 Dipole Hamtenna Mount.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2017 22:18 Send this review to a friend
It works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What can be said about an antenna mount......it works.

K5TXA Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2015 20:16 Send this review to a friend
Just what i needed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this mount that came with 2 40 meter ham sticks to use for portable work. They work great! I have the mount bolted to a 1 inch diameter 8' pvc mast that I slide down on a tripod. This puts the portable dipole around 10' off the ground which is just right. Also, this mount/dipole can easily be pulled up in a tree for even better elevation and pulled up vertically. They don't pick up near as much rfi as a wire dipole I've been using, Rfi is so bad at my qth that I couldn't even work hf at home but this MFJ portable dipole does not pick up the noise. So now i'm able to work hf at my home. Cannot comment on long term durability but it is very sturdy as is the ham sticks that come with it if you but the bundle. Highly recommended!

N2NKW Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2014 18:48 Send this review to a friend
Works OK with hamsticks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using this with a pair of 40m MFJ 1640T mobile antenna's. I have it in vertical configuration hanging from a tree at 30ft. Have worked a lot of DX and stateside stations. Works very well in my opinion. I plan on getting some other bands to play with and use this mount with them. The MFJ ad says no need for a balun but it still needs a RF Choke balun as I do get RF back down my coax into the shack. All in all, it's worth the money.

K5DHL Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2013 07:56 Send this review to a friend
I like it !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have played with the mount for about a week - with a pair of 20M & 10M MFJ HF Sticks. Eveything seems to work well, I am making contacts (oklahoma to Florida) on 20M (10M is pretty bad this week).

WB0NRV Rating: 3/5 Mar 11, 2013 20:51 Send this review to a friend
OK inside, however...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed & tested on 20 then on 6 meters in the attic, worked fine. When I put up outside on tower standoff, had noise & irratic SWR especially with any wind. Isolated down to the brass looking SO-239 type fitting. It doesn't actually make good contact with the mounting bar as it turns easily by hand. After inserting a 1/2 internal star washer under the SO-239 the problem went away. Also coated with silicone to prevent rust on the zinc washer. Now seems fine.

K1WJ Rating: 4/5 Jan 28, 2011 18:46 Send this review to a friend
mfj 20 hamstick dipole  Time owned: more than 12 months

bolts supplied may be short for mast size - used with mfj 20m hamstick dipole setup - works very good for size - many contacts k1wj

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2010 19:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Results  Time owned: more than 12 months
This mount, unlike competing mounts, isolates both dipole legs from the mounting bracket thereby preserving the antenna pattern.