Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Ladder Snap Ladder Line Kits Help

Reviews Summary for Ladder Snap Ladder Line Kits
Ladder Snap Ladder Line Kits Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $29.99
Description: Make your own 600 ohm Ladder Line the easy way. No more
laborious cutting up plastic or wood dowel rods. Simply
open the bag and snap your line together. Make your
feedline up as you need it. Never again get caught short or
buy more feedline than you need to finish your antenna
project. You won't have to wait weeks for an out of stock
supplier during peak antenna building season.
For use with #14 THHN Stranded or Solid Wire

You can write your own review of the Ladder Snap Ladder Line Kits.

K1ZJH Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2011 08:12 Send this review to a friend
Clever idea!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I recently installed a 110-foot 80 through 10 Meter dipole using 600 ohm wire feedline which was constructed using electricians' THHN 14 gauge stranded wire and the Ladder Snap spacers.

We had an early Nor'easter rip through Connecticut in October, and despite being hit by large falling branches the ladder line held up with no damage. I used several 3 foot standoffs cut from electrical PVC conduit to support horizontal runs on the ladder line. These supported the open wire along the shed's eve lne just before the line dropped to post mounted DX Engineering 1:1 current balun. These support pipes were totally destroyed and ripped from the building, but the Ladder Snaps held tight and the 600-ohm line itself was fine!

The instructions suggest using slip joint "gas pliers" to lock the wire into the Ladder Snaps. I had a small pair of Channel Locks that worked better for me. I used one Ladder Snap ever 18" per the directions and that proved to be more than adequate. The antenna roughly follows the
open-wire dipole shown on the DX Engineering website. I use a large Dentron tuner to match the antenna. The feedline impedance is a bit higher than suggested, but there is something about being able to make your own ladder line, especially when you're rewarded with a superior low-loss feedline system that emulates the "Old Buzzard" open wires of yore!
KA9UVY Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2010 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Quality product and easy to use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First off I wanted to make up about 150 feet of line so I asked if I could get the extra pieces and it was no problem. My special 150 foot package arrived quickly and line building day was here.
I found them easy to apply but used dish soap and water in a cup for lubricant so as not to leave an oily residue. I wanted them to stay put after all.
Also suggest that you make up a spacer out of a 1 x 4 about 17" long so you can keep them even and square with the line. I put 4 roofing nails in the side of the 1 x 4 so it slid along on top of the lines as I worked my way down.
I have had the line up only a short time but since it survived high wind and rain last night I believe that they have a very good grip on the wire and should last a long time.
I would suggest that you get a few extra especially if your line has a twist in it like mine on my Lazy H. The #14 wire doesn't like to turn corners and a few extra with short spacing will help.
If you want a great ladder line and don't want to spend a whole day making your own spacers then these are probably just what your looking for!

73, Bob