Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | mp antenna super-m classic base Help

Reviews Summary for mp antenna super-m classic base
mp antenna super-m classic base Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $119.95
Description: Multipolarized antenna for scanners and ham radio RX 25-1300 MHZ TX 2-meter 220 and 440 bands 200 watts
More info: http://www.mpantenna.com

You can write your own review of the mp antenna super-m classic base.

WD4AB Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2017 05:45 Send this review to a friend
Good Performance in a small package  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna to see what all the hype was about its multi polarized transmit and receive qualities. I mounted the antenna at 25 feet and fed it with LMR 400. I can hit all the repeaters with low power and have had simplex communications to 50 miles with minimal power. The SWR stays below 1.5 everywhere. I have made a few SSB contacts as well and it seems to perform the same a a pair of co phased loops on the horizontal plane. Pleasantly surprised at the performance of this odd looking antenna. It is not a discone and definately does not perform as one, this antenna performs very well for what it is. Good antenna for hams that do not have much space to put multiple antennas. The MP Classic M Base antenna will cover the 2 meter, 70cm and 220 bands both on FM and SBB and do a decent job at both transmit and receive.

KC6RCM Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2014 22:55 Send this review to a friend
It's all good.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'll reiterate what has already been stated.

The MP Super-M Classic transmits on three popular bands:
2 meter, 220 and 440 MHz, with a 200 watt rating.

A wide receive range, from 25 to 1300 MHz.

It has a small footprint with robust construction... take it mountain topping.

No fiberglass or fragile parts to deteriorate and fail over time... it's all good.

Such a solid performer, I purchased two.

KC0WEO Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2013 05:58 Send this review to a friend
A real world antenna!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have to agree with the other 5/5 review's, I am impressed with the claims and results of this antenna. Retail discone's I used fell apart in poor weather and are plain junk, this holds up and really does the job.

I use this for 2 meter Skywarn net control operations so it's ability to remain intact is paramount. It punches through the weather with +9db tx'ing on VHF and monitors Minnesotas digital ARMER with minimal digitized voices compared to discone's.

As a ham with only 5 years experience, I do have almost 35 year's in public safety. During this time I always had either a scanner or issued radio. I wrote another review on this antenna and would recommend this to any ham or scanner listener. I also use it for emergency portable communications on a fiberglass push up mast.

At an APCO convention, I had to check out the almost unbelievable claim's MP made about it's real world ability and I have to agree, it does the job.

During Skywarn Ops I run 3-4 VHF radio's and 3 antenna's. Compared to my Comet's (GP-1 & GP-6) as soon as I switch to the MP Classic Base I say there is no comparison, give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

My signal is stronger, much more readable and I know the element's won't fall off like the past retail discone's I had and will never use again. This low profile antenna does what they claim, period!

KB8IOS Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2010 16:24 Send this review to a friend
good general coverage antenna for VHF/UHF bands  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a ham operator for over 20 years and a radio hobbiest almost my entire life. Since then I have built and purched many antennas over the years. I like this new antenna because, It is easy to assembale and install,light weight compact antenna. It also takes a Type N connector (good for transmitting). I am using this antenna on my antenna farm for a general coverage scanner antenna, after pluging it in to my scanner radio .I was very pleased with the results I have herd. I am able to hear stations far all around my area. I have also hooked it up to a CB radio and herd DX stations, due to the multipolarized design.It seams to me that it was built to surive the elements and hold up.I would recomend this antenna to some one looking for a good scanner antenna. I have owend several scanner antenns like the radio shack discone scanner antenna,lots of parts harder to assemble/install,doesnt hold up to the elements.