Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | RigExpert AA-30 Antenna Analyzer Help

Reviews Summary for RigExpert AA-30 Antenna Analyzer
RigExpert AA-30 Antenna Analyzer Reviews: 33 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$265
Description: The RigExpert AA-30 is a powerful antenna analyzer designed for testing, checking, tuning or repairing antennas and antenna feedlines. It provides a graphical display of SWR and impedance (magnitude and phase) over a user-defined frequency range which significantly reduces the time required to adjust an antenna. Easy-to use measurement modes, as well as additional features such as connection to a personal computer (to plot Smith diagrams, etc.), makes the RigExpert AA-30 attractive for professionals and hobbyists.

The following tasks are easily accomplished with the RigExpert AA-30:

Tuning an antenna to resonance
Antenna SWR and impedance measurements
Measuring the parameters of coaxial lines
Cable testing and fault location
Measuring capacitance or inductance of reactive loads
Use as a signal source for testing receivers, filters, etc.

You can write your own review of the RigExpert AA-30 Antenna Analyzer.

KC9VFI Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2016 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I can use this product with my PC and print out a graph showing SWR and other applications. This is useful especially when comparing more than just one antenna. MY MFJ 259C has a few more perks, but the RigExpert AA-30 can be useful in other ways, especially PC compatible. Be sure to purchase a USB cable and software.
NO2CW Rating: 4/5 Jul 12, 2016 06:49 Send this review to a friend
As advertised check connections  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used it many times since I got mine and it does a good job. I rate it 4 instead of 5 because the SO 239 on top is partly below the plastic cover and a couple of my coax cables cannot make a good contact even when screwed all the way in.
KA4KOE Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2015 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Works Fine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my AA30 and I am using it to set the tank circuit resonance on a broadcast transmitter. I have had no issues with getting the included software to load and run propertly. My confuserator has an Intel I7 processor running Windows 10.

The user commmands are very intuitive. I didn't envision using this tool above 10 meters so I only purchased the base model.

Gigaparts shipped quickly and without issue.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2015 20:14 Send this review to a friend
RE AA-30 very good!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have a MFJ 259 Antenna Analyzer for last 15+years It has always worked for me setting up antennas, was setting up a new MFJ 1775 dipole, after tuning in 40m's with the 259 it gave up an quit. Brought the RE AA-30 so I could finish the job, never used the AA-30 before but found it easy to use, love the SWR sweeps
I can see it good in bright sun light. Hope it holds up like the 259 did, Have only used these two analyzers but like the AA-30 better than the MFJ 259................kb6hrt
VU2JE Rating: 0/5 Sep 18, 2015 08:07 Send this review to a friend
Died on me.. Avoid  Time owned: more than 12 months
Rigexpert AA30 died on me just after 2 year warranty period.. no amount of trying helped i.e. uploading firmware etc.. scrapped it - an unnecessary loss..

Must be of poor build quality, as it was carefully handled, stored and sparingly used with care..

AVOID RIGEXPERT buy an inexpensive antenna analyzer like Sark100, so you do not lose out like this!
AD4C2006 Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2015 09:31 Send this review to a friend
Very good analyzer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use to have for years the MFJ-259 and 269 and they were good instruments doing what they were designed for but I never liked the fact of having to carry 10 AA batteries inside making them heavy and big.
A month ago I purchased this AA-30 following the good reviews here and I am very plesed with it.
Not only is lighter because the fact of using just two AA batteries but also its faster calculating the resonance freq, impedance, reactance, etc been very accurate, its definitively a keeper, I already sold my old MFJ-269 and kept this one as my future antenna analyzer. Lately I installed a 40M bazooka and with this instrument was a piece of cake to shorten it to bring it in resonance at 7.050 where I wanted it to be.
This instrement is the less expensive of its class around 260 bucks but its definitively the best investment any ham should have.
GI0LGV Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2015 07:12 Send this review to a friend
NOT A TOY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a set of co-ax terminations to create known SWR values in a 50 Ohm system. This instrument is accurate. It gives resistance and reactance including the sign of reactance. Build quality is professional. It is user friendly, no need to have the manual after the first play. Hours of use from just two AA cells.
It has many uses beyond resonating antennas.

Hugh. GI0 LGV
M0KKW Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2015 02:27 Send this review to a friend
Buy one  Time owned: more than 12 months
Whether you experiment with HF antennas,baluns, amplifiers,or just tune stuff to resonance, this is the standard. Quality excellent, performance excellent, battery life excellent. Best piece of kit I ever bought bar none.
Pity the UK distributor is so incompetent,Rigexpert deserve a better representative.
N6XJP Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2014 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Oh Heavens!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So for the last 25 years as a ham I have wandered around in the SWR dark. I was pretty good at measuring length and doing the math, etc.

What a great instrument! No guessing, no deluding myself, no tuning with an aged tuner whose tolerances are probably marginal.

Simple to operate. Simple to set up. Visual depiction on the graph is reminiscent of my old TI-83 ...dramatically graphic, elegantly presented and as plain as your face in the mirror.

The reviews are accurate. It just bloody works, tells no lies, and very intuitive to use. Thanks Rig Expert. Thanks.
M0GNA Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2014 05:29 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
How did I manage without it??.It is the best piece of kit I have got my hands on in a long time.It takes all the huff and puff out of tunining an antenna.So simple to use so accurate.I tuned the whips on my portable dipole in minutes.Its a delight to use and so user friendly.Its light robust and it runs on AA batteries.I cant fault it and would highly recommend it to anyone.