Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | RigExpert AA-30 Antenna Analyzer Help

Reviews Summary for RigExpert AA-30 Antenna Analyzer
RigExpert AA-30 Antenna Analyzer Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $$265
Description: The RigExpert AA-30 is a powerful antenna analyzer designed for testing, checking, tuning or repairing antennas and antenna feedlines. It provides a graphical display of SWR and impedance (magnitude and phase) over a user-defined frequency range which significantly reduces the time required to adjust an antenna. Easy-to use measurement modes, as well as additional features such as connection to a personal computer (to plot Smith diagrams, etc.), makes the RigExpert AA-30 attractive for professionals and hobbyists.

The following tasks are easily accomplished with the RigExpert AA-30:

Tuning an antenna to resonance
Antenna SWR and impedance measurements
Measuring the parameters of coaxial lines
Cable testing and fault location
Measuring capacitance or inductance of reactive loads
Use as a signal source for testing receivers, filters, etc.
More info: http://www.rigexpert.com

You can write your own review of the RigExpert AA-30 Antenna Analyzer.

N6XJP Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2014 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Oh Heavens!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So for the last 25 years as a ham I have wandered around in the SWR dark. I was pretty good at measuring length and doing the math, etc.

What a great instrument! No guessing, no deluding myself, no tuning with an aged tuner whose tolerances are probably marginal.

Simple to operate. Simple to set up. Visual depiction on the graph is reminiscent of my old TI-83 ...dramatically graphic, elegantly presented and as plain as your face in the mirror.

The reviews are accurate. It just bloody works, tells no lies, and very intuitive to use. Thanks Rig Expert. Thanks.

M0GNA Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2014 05:29 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
How did I manage without it??.It is the best piece of kit I have got my hands on in a long time.It takes all the huff and puff out of tunining an antenna.So simple to use so accurate.I tuned the whips on my portable dipole in minutes.Its a delight to use and so user friendly.Its light robust and it runs on AA batteries.I cant fault it and would highly recommend it to anyone.

I5EFO Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2014 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent help for any ham shack  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had the AA-30 for one mounth, and is without a doubt the best money spent in ham radio for the value. I operate in the MF at 472 kHz and with the analyzer I instantly know how far off resonance. Before I used many vintage impedance bridge and SWR bridge, but the measurement was very complex. Now the AA-30 permit me a fast measurements of hombrew antennas and matching networks. I'm very happy for this analyzer.

KF8IO Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Spectacular  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just arrived today, and I can't put it down.

This thing is just remarkable. It works as advertised and is well constructed.

The RF generator is very accurate below 10 mHz and not far off enough to be of consequence above that.

The functions are intuitive, the display is very readable and useful.

I don't know how I've managed without this gizmo for so long.

Five stars from me!

K5TTE Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2014 21:10 Send this review to a friend
It does the simple things  Time owned: more than 12 months
Pro: lightweight
fits the hand
needs only 2 AA batteries
quick learning curve
a great signal source to calibrate receivers

Con: I'll think of something; maybe I miss an analog meter.

I still like my MFJ even though it eats batteries for breakfast
and it's kinda bulky; I'm always afraid it will slip out of my
hand.
But the AA30 gets used more in the past 2 years. I just find
it easier to handle.

WA3ETD Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2014 15:09 Send this review to a friend
Lost Without It  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had the AA-30 for nine months, and is without a doubt the best money spent in ham radio for the value. I operate a Part 5 experimental station in the MF at 470 kHz, with an antenna system requiring daily retuning. With the analyzer, I instantly know how far off resonance I am, as well as the current complex impedance. The graphical display is outstanding. It's now also a breeze to identify those mystery toroids, etc. If you hombrew antennas and matching networks, you need this analyzer.

KB1HYR Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2014 21:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent piece of gear  Time owned: more than 12 months
Though one should always read manuals, this thing is designed intuitively enough that I used it for a long time before bothering with the manual. I've never tried to hook it to a PC as I only run Linux and their software is Windows. But as a standalone unit it is just fine. This thing provides a plethora of information and works beautifully out of the box. I can't ask for anything more!

ZL1BJQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2013 02:14 Send this review to a friend
Simply brilliant.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Easy to use with or without a computer. It does a lot more than I have needed but it sure makes adjusting tank ccts a breeze. Anyone building linear amps let alone antennas might wonder how they did it without an analyser. I am very happy with the AA30 but with hindsight would pay the extra for the AA54. Size and portability, ease of use, battery life are all good. USB connection saves battery.

N6HE Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2013 14:28 Send this review to a friend
PERFECT for me!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's always Field Day at my house - I'm always wondering, "Hmmmm, I wonder how this new antenna concept would work out?" - about 6 times a year! Plus FD every year. So........ this gizmo is excellent and I swapped out my MFJ-269 for the RigExpert AA-30. GREAT move for me!

Jeez, I LOVE the graphical display! With all these newly-erected things, the graphically-displayed SWR-vs-Frequency charts are very intuitive and clearly show me what's going on with my latest Antenna-of-the-Day. Using it with a multi-band OCF dipole was a kick - all the dips were exactly where thy were supposed to be - and determined with just a few button pushes.

I don't need computer hook-up, just a lightweight PORTABLE (and not having 10 batteries!) antenna analyzer. It's perfect for me, and I love it. we used it at our club's 2013 FD to re-tune a mis-tuned tribander and it was a snap compared to last year's MFJ exercise - everyone was impressed.

Bought my AA-30 at Dayton 2013. As with all equipment shipped with lightweight (literally!) batteries, I replaced them with DuraCell batteries; no knock against RigExpert from me at all.

Bottom line, it's great, I love it!

Ray N6HE

W4TTZ Rating: 1/5 Jun 23, 2013 09:27 Send this review to a friend
Not the best quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Used it once and then it refused to shut off or do anything else. Customer service sucks, said just open it and clean the contacts it must have gotten water in it. How I don't know it was never out of the house. Opening it up did nothing except violate the warranty, so now the trash men will have fun figuring out what it is.

---------

I have been pressured by two individuals from Array Solutions to alter my review and at least say they were not the dealers that I purchased it from Originally. So here it is, they did not sell it to me, and now they say they would have fixed it under warranty, all this information only comes forward after I wrote the initial review. Again really poor customer support.