Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | RadioWavz B11I Current Balun Help

Reviews Summary for RadioWavz B11I Current Balun
RadioWavz B11I Current Balun Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $30
Description: The RadioWavz 1:1 Current Balun (a/k/a Isolation Balun) is a Isolation transformer. This transformer acts as a RF isolator reduce or eliminate stray RF often found on coax. Power is radiated by the antenna not the feedline. Also known as a common code choke. The Isolation transformer is effective from 1.8 to 50 MHz. The Standard BALUN is designed to handle 200w cw key down 1500w ssb/pep.
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com/html/balun_unun.html

You can write your own review of the RadioWavz B11I Current Balun.

KB1SZZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2010 07:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked up this balun from HRO for an NVIS antenna project I was building. I had seen someone from an NVIS listserv mention they had used one and it made sense for me to include it in my design. When I considered "build" or "buy" I decided the $30 was worth it and I'd have more time to play with something else.

The balun has three eyelets on it. While the function of them would appear obvious, being a little obsessive, and there not being any diagrams with the packaging, I called these folks to get their recommendation on how to tie in the antenna wires as I was a bit concerned about doing something that would cause excessive chafing and early wire failure.

I called their main number and got a gentleman who heard my question, asked about the application, and then confirmed how they would recommend you tie in the wire on the eyelets. What surprised me was that he then offered to tie one off and then send a picture to my cellphone. Which he did. Do you remember the last time you had customer service like this? I sure don't!

So the balun works as advertised, was a good value for the money, and came with customer service with which I was just plain impressed.

Brian