Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Icom IC-1275A Help

Reviews Summary for Icom IC-1275A
Icom IC-1275A Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1,550
Description: 23cm all mode base rig
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Icom IC-1275A.

W0LD Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2015 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Performance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was sorry I sold my first IC-1275A and recently found another one to use with a BEKO high power amplifier for 1.2 Ghz. I took the radio to a friend's house and we put it through the paces. It's receiver is extremely sensitive, a MDS of -144 db. The transmitter power output is 10.5 watts, move than enough to drive the BEKO to 800 watts output. While we were testing the 1275A, we installed the internal CW filter. An excellent addition. In short, the radios are rarer than hen's teeth. If you find one, buy it! If you want to be a serious 1.2 Ghz. operator.

W0LD Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2000 22:42 Send this review to a friend
A superb radio for weak signal work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the IC-1275 for over 6 years. Having owned the IC-1271 previously the IC-1275 is a much better radio. It has 10 watts output and is multi-mode. I use the ICOM receiver preamp with the radio. At 1.2 Ghz. a good receiver preamp is a good investment. The radio is easy to use, and is portable, runs off 13.8 VDC and is very easy to use. It is probably one of the best 1.2 Ghz. multi-modes every built. They are extremely rare, and worth every penny if you can find one.