Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CW Touch Keyer Mini Paddles - Model P6 Help

Reviews Summary for CW Touch Keyer Mini Paddles - Model P6
CW Touch Keyer Mini Paddles  - Model P6 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $$39.00 Introductory offer
Description: Mini Touch Paddles- 3.5" x 2" x 1.5"
4.5oz. With internal 9v battery.
Great for portable use or small areas on desk

You can write your own review of the CW Touch Keyer Mini Paddles - Model P6.

K6AER Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2016 06:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the P6 key from Sumner at the 2016 Dayton ham fest. I sell Begali keys at the ham fest and Sumner had a booth just around the corner from us. After a while I looked at his product. Being an Engineer I am familiar with the concept of electronic touch keying. Many touch keyers have their operation frequency at VHF and as a result need a capacitance plate under the keyer. This unit operates in the GHz range according to Sumner and normal finger touch is all that is needed.

The product is well laid out, priced at a level that anyone can afford and has a nice touch and feel. When I got home I installed a battery connected up to the transceiver. The left paddle did nothing. Sooooo I read the instructions and make the adjustment to the paddle sensitivity 20 turn pot and all works fine. Now owning several a Begali keys, I like weight. The paddle is perfect for portable opps. I am currently making a solid copper base like the Begali keys. The unit works very well. Sumner was very informative about the design and operation and I appreciate the time he spent going over the product line.

Bottom line is the keyer has the touch, operation and feel of a $300 product. For you do-it-your-selfers he also sells just the assembled board for $15.00.
KE0AGQ Rating: 2/5 Mar 9, 2016 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Having issues...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered Jan 30th and received notice that the unit would ship in 5 days. I asked for update 12 days later and got an email saying Sumner was recovering from surgery & order would be delayed. I understood this but it would have been nice if I had been advised of this earlier. Unit was shipped on Feb 19th. I received it and it was defective. Worked perfect for a minute or two & then one or both paddles stopped working. Tried with two new batteries and tried adjusting sensitivity, no change in the problem. I contacted Sumner about the problem & was told he would be shipping out another unit. I emailed him back & have not heard anything & 9 days later have not received a replacement. I sent the unit back & asked for replacement or refund. Will update as to what happens.
K3IRV Rating: 3/5 Jun 29, 2015 05:44 Send this review to a friend
WARNING - Susceptible to RF  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I really love my P6 Touch Keyer. In the home QTH it works flawlessly, and I could go on. But my experience is that it does not work well in the field. I have tried using mine with the KX-3 @ 5W about 25 feet from the base of the antenna. It will not work and it just stutters a string of dits. Same thing happened to a friends at Field Day this weekend, although we were using 100W. Have tried a snap-on balun with same results. Great set of paddles for the home.
HZ1SK Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2015 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic CW Touch Keyer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I Love CW , having said so I have owned many top brands paddles and experienced with them over the years. I read about touch keyer and thought it was time to try one of them, I did some research over the internet and found the CW Touch Keyer P6 from
I e-mailed Sumner to ask him about cost of shipping to Saudi and he was very fast and prompt in his response. I placed the order and within few days I received my P6 , What can I say..What a joy.. I Love it. You don't have to exercise any muscular force .. just touch the Gold plated pads ( Yes Real Gold not cheap gold paint ) and you will get perfect morse keying. The only modification I did was adding a custom made marble base for the touch paddle to make it a bit heavier, however Please note that the main purpose of the manufacturer is to have a light weight touch keyer that can go with portable or QRP rigs. Overall ,I am very happy and very satisfied with it , I have made so far over 2500 QSOs using the P6.
Enjoy CW with this touch keyer , don't miss the opportunity to get one. Finally, price/quality ratio is Excellent , a very good investment.
I think I will get another one for my station in Lebanon ( OD5 land ).
Best 73,
KF7RCM Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2013 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Great keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works very well for me. It is an excellent key for travel work due to it's smaller size. Its an excellent match for the pico keyer plus.
NU8Z Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2010 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Feel !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the last prototype version of this soon to be released set of touch mini paddles. I pluged them into my USB Winkeyer and I was off and running. I have used a Kent paddle for many years. I liked the Kent paddles precise and light touch feel. Sure the mini P6 is not a Kent or a Begali when it comes to looks. But based on the paddles that I have tried, the P6 mini CW Touch paddles have the functionality and a light touch precise feel that is second to none.