Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Icom IC-1271A Help

Reviews Summary for Icom IC-1271A
Icom IC-1271A Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 23cm all mode base rig
More info: http://www.icomclassic.com

You can write your own review of the Icom IC-1271A.

VK3LBT Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2014 18:23 Send this review to a friend
Good,reliable and viable option  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just bought a 1271A that has been a one owner and has been well cared for by a serious 23cm operator. Having just sold a fully optioned 910H I still wanted to maintain a presence on 23cm, the 1271A came up at the right time and price. Except for a blown meter globe which has been replaced with a new hi-tech LED, this radio is a pleasure to operate. Yes, it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the younger brother 910H but for simplicity and a very good receiver, made better with a preamp I enjoy this radio more than the 910H.
Most would say that this is a step backwards in technology,however, as good as the 910H is it had some inherent design problems, for a single band all mode dedicated 23cm base this unit should be considered as a great starting point.
Cheers Barry - VK3LBT

W8PAT Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2000 23:42 Send this review to a friend
15 years with no problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my IC-1271A for 15 years with no problems. I have the AG-1200 anntenna mounted preamp - a must on 23cm. I use the rig on cw mostly but also ssb, fm and ATV with the IC-TV1200 adapter. I have always run it barefoot, so I sometimes hear stations that can't hear me. It covers 1240 Mhz to 1300 Mhz with all modes and 10 watts output. The transmit quality on ATV is superb. I only turn it on for the contests and super ducting conditions. It never has failed me. Wish there was more activity, but that is not the fault of the IC-1271A.