Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | ULTIMAX100 End Fed HF Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for ULTIMAX100 End Fed HF Antenna
Length - 24 feet
Weight - 3.5 pounds
Polarization Vertical, Horizontal, Sloped
Connector SO-239-50 ohm
SWR < 2.5:1 (3:1 tuner required all radio tuners work)
Bands from 3.0 MHz to 54 MHz (80 to 6 meters)
Radials - none required
More info: http://www.ultimax-antennas.com

You can write your own review of the ULTIMAX100 End Fed HF Antenna.

KD2JF Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 04:51 Send this review to a friend
Seems vertical is best  Time owned: more than 12 months
A follow up to my previous review. I have tried all three configurations and have settled on vertical. The balun box is connected to a 3 foot mast in the ground with the 24' radiating wire straight up to a branch. At the input connector I have 6 - 26' wires laying on the ground connected to the shell of the connector. Excellent low band operation and perfect SWL antenna. Over a year now and still going strong.

N0ANT Rating: 4/5 Mar 16, 2016 18:16 Send this review to a friend
Good Multi-band Antenna   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had this antenna for about 3 mo and it has performed very good with just 100 watts and the tuner in the rig. If you don't have a lot of space, this a good antenna for the money. After I had it about a month, I sent back and bought the 66' piece of wire and replaced the 24' one. I get a little more bandwidth and it's a little quieter. Would buy another if something happens to this one.

KD2CMP Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2016 06:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I would have to say I bought this antenna last year as a compromise hoping it would work based on decent reviews. I have it mounted 20 feet in the air on a slight slope across my yard. With a 50 foot run of coax and RF choke I have a very workable system. I have made many contacts from QRP to 100 Watts, some DX and most states. With a MFJ Versa tuner on my 857 or the LDX auto tuner on my 817 SWRS tune almost flat on all bands up to 40 meters. Understanding the limitations of a 24' wire I can say it has exceeded my expectations. Anyone looking for a quick, compact, durable and almost invisible way to work HF you could do a whole lot worse. I would buy it again and have recommended it to others. Bill W2WCG

KG4UHV Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2015 19:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is the best of the best. I contacted Bosnia,virgin islands, Sudan,lithuanua,Madeira islands and Curacao with excellent signal reports. The customer service is A+.if you are looking for a good antenna get an Ultimaxx antenna. Thank you Albert. 73.

K7SQD Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2015 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Works just as advertised!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've owned one of these antennas for almost a year now and it does exactly what it is advertised to do!
Running QRP (Phone), I've made QSO's with Guam, Brazil, Argentina, Eastern Canada, Alaska and the Eastern U.S. - and other points within the lower 48 (I'm in the Pacific Northwest).
Works great! Just remember, this is not going to compete with a directional beam on a tower @ 150'.
I have it mounted at about 45degrees into a tree from a 4X4 fence post on my backyard fence about 6' off the ground.
Shipped quickly and arrived well packaged.
Can't beat the price or quality!

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2014 07:58 Send this review to a friend
Pleasant surprise  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this to replace another 10-40 end fed antenna from a popular competitor but wanted to try this one. I wasn't expecting it to be any better than the one I had but thought I would give it a try anyway. When it arrived the first thing I noticed is that this one is MUCH more substantial, heavy duty or whatever you want to call it. Made the other one look like a toy by comparison. But the proof is in the pudding as they say. First of all you have to get a picture of what my installation is like. I live in an apartment in NYC but do have a small garden level patio courtyard out the back door. The problem is that it's surrounded by big apartment buildings. not very conducive to getting a signal out. So, I set up the feedpoint at about 25 feet on one end of my fire escape and ran the wire element about 23 feet to the other side of the fire escape at about the same height. Then I had to make a 90 degree bend in the wire and bring it across the courtyard and terminate it an 20 feet on top of a fiberglass tube. Total length of the element is 33 feet. Fired up the rig and the first two CW contacts were to Denmark and European Russia. needless to say I'm pleased with the quality of the product and the communication with Albert.

K6SNP Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2014 23:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the Ultimax 100 because I live in a condo that doesn't allow antenna's. It's a tri-level condo with no units above or below ours. The roof is flat, and about 30' high. I installed the antenna between two 10" vent pipes, putting the antenna only 8" above the roof. The antenna is below 3:1 on all bands and tunes flawlessly with the inboard tuner on my Yaesu FTDX 3000D. I have made contacts in over 30 states, many on east coast. Seven countries, including two DX-peditions. Many contacts with Hawaii and Japan. Every station that I could hear, answered my call, sometimes after repeated tries, but always got thru. I think it works great for what it is, and has given me a lot of fun on HF again.

WB4EJZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2014 17:35 Send this review to a friend
Super Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the Ultimax 100 from Albert and received it in just 4 days. I unpacked it late one evening, connected it and was promptly getting 10db over S9 into the western US and like reports from Europe. This skyhook breathed new life into my radio. And get this...the antenna was temporarily configured 3 feet off the ground, supported by branches of my backyard maple tree.
My rig's internal tuner readily tunes 40 through 10m. The 80m band, as Albert agreed, would benefit from another 20 or as much as 40 ft of wire added. I'd heartily recommend this antenna to anyone!

W5AAF Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2014 02:52 Send this review to a friend
W5AAF  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This antenna is outstanding. Tried the 24 foot one and it didn't get out that well. Called Albert up and he suggested changing to # 14 strained wire at 68 feet long. This length of wire gets me out on all bands 80 to 10 meters
with excellent results. I run it bare foot except on 80 meters. As your aware 80 meters during the summer months has a high noise level until around October. I Put on a 300 watt amp and life is good on 80 meters.

VE6AGE Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2014 17:55 Send this review to a friend
Amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just installed my Ultimax100 and wow... I can't believe my ears. Super amazing end fed HF antenna. I have to say thank you Albert. You are a superb fine gentleman. I highly recommend the Ultimax100 to anyone wanting an easy to install antenna. The workmanship is just superb. Nicely done and I'm sure it will last for a long long time. Again, thanks Albert. I'm having lots of fun on HF.