Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | ULTIMAX100 End Fed HF Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for ULTIMAX100 End Fed HF Antenna
Length - 24 feet
Weight - 3.5 pounds
Polarization Vertical, Horizontal, Sloped
Connector SO-239-50 ohm
SWR < 2.5:1 (3:1 tuner required all radio tuners work)
Bands from 3.0 MHz to 54 MHz (80 to 6 meters)
Radials - none required
More info: http://www.ultimax-antennas.com

You can write your own review of the ULTIMAX100 End Fed HF Antenna.

KD4HGR Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2013 17:06 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
OK I have had this for some time now and this is my second review on this antenna.
First let me say STOP trying to compare this to a full size dipole and calling it crap..For HOA and condo dwellers like me this antenna works. Now its not going to out preform a beam or full size vertical or dipole so dont even try to compare to one..If you have limited space or antenna restrictions like me then this antenna will get you on the air!

F5MVB Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2013 02:51 Send this review to a friend
GOOD JOB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use this antenna with worth conditions: second floor,the wire follow just half meter wall and balcony of my house,but it works!!!
in one month, work with 100w all continents except pacific when propagation is very fine,but if you can use this antenna with good conditions aeras, you will get a good job especially between 20m to 10m.

N0FIB Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2012 20:44 Send this review to a friend
wonderful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I Live in second floor apartment and need to find a way to do HF. I bought the Ultimax 100 and also the slinky antenna. The slinky is OK for what i had to work with yet the Ultimax 100 worked great. Receive was 2 to 3 s units over the Slinky. and have made more contacts on to Japan and Australia

KB1VXP Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2012 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Worth the money  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna for a year. It is mounted in my attic and my rigs are a Yaesu FT 817 and a Kenwood TS 520. With my FT 817 driving this antenna with a whopping 5 watts, I have made contacts from NH to England, Europe and as Far East as Italy, Russia, Poland etc. when conditions are good, I have had SSB phone QSO's overseas with just 500 milliwatts .also I have made many domestic contacts as well. For the convenience and money, I don't think you can go wrong with this antenna.

AF2Q Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2012 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Follow up to my 1st. Post  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Last night 9PM EST or 01:00 UTC 40 meters was loaded with CW.
The ultimax comes with 24 feet of wire.
I decided to see what 35 feet would do knowing the working end would be closer to the ground.
Needless to say I was up until 2 AM working stations our West even thought the wire is slopped down to the East.
I fire a short arrow from a hand held cross bow with 2 kite strings attached to it.
I then pull one up to take up the slack.
When i'm finished I just give both strings a yank and reel it all in.
This Ultimax is a blessing to us who have severe antenna restrictions imposed on us and it is great to get away from 4-5 KC tuning range of the mag loop.
I still have no line isolator but I only have 5 feet of coax so I placed 7 beads of # 43 mix and spaced then an inch apart.
My TV I put on a ragged set of rabbit ears and not TVI
I worked Ireland,UK,France,Germany, Slovenia and lost the number of USA hams I worked,
Worst RST was 339
Tonight I will be taking it to a friends home to see how it stacks up on 40 meters against his 40 meters tuned against the 80 meter inverted *V* he has.
BOB
AF2Q

VE3WCQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2012 00:37 Send this review to a friend
Follow up  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is just a follow up to my post back on June 11/2011. Well lets see I guess around end of Sept.2011 or Oct. 2011 I replaced the 100 with a Alpha Delta EE it worked quite well, a pain in the butt to put up but seem to work a little better on a few bands but hard to tell could have been conditions. Then I seen an Antenna by Comet CHV-5x 13' long and thats what is up there right now works ok have made some contacts but conditions have been poor. But come this Fall I think I will be putting the UltiMax 100 back up in the Attic, ( all Antennas had been mounted in Attic) I think I will put one North South and one East West.
I can not say enough about these Antennas, so simple to use and they work. You can tune using internal tuner small in size and simple to put up.
As for the reviews saying its JUNK or " could not hear anything" what are you comparing it to, its a 24' pc of wire with a matching unit its not a Dipole or a Beam.
ALL I KNOW IS AFTER USING THE ALPHA DELTA EE AND THE COMET I HAVE COME FULL CIRCLE AND WILL BE PUTTING THESE BACK IN THE ATTIC!
Lets see cost.
Alpha Delta 160.00 10M to 40M
Comet 350.00 6M to 40M
UM 100 70.00 6M to 80M
This has been an expensive review, so for less then the cost of one AD-ee I or you can cover larger area by going NS EW and cover more bands 6 to 80 and I remember loading it up on 160 with external tuner you won't get out worth you know what but you can listen in. You know its great when your on 40M and they ask what your running and you tell them " 24' piece of wire with a match unit at the end in the Attic and 50 watts " and you hear " a what and how much power and in the Attic". OK this is getting too long, AS QST SAYS "Bottom line" just get one try it out, for 70 bucks I don't think you can get a carton of Smokes in North America.
I hope this may help some that maybe in the same situation as I am ( CONDO ).

All the best 73!
Mike
VE3WCQ

W1KFR Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2012 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Nice Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased two of these for my home because I have limited space for antennas. I have one in the front yard in the sloper configuration. Its heading is 045 true. I talked to the Olympic Special Event Station 2o12L on 20 and 17 meters. I made contact with Barrak 9K2UU in Kuwait with this antenna. I have been very happy with this antennas performance. I am using my TS480 barefoot making contacts all over with it. It is directional when installed as a sloper so I have one in the back yard sloped heading 270 true. I am still playing with it but this antenna system has me on the air and I am not sitting in my front yard in my jeep working HF. So I highly recommend this antenna for those who are HOA restricted.

KB0UGS Rating: 0/5 Jul 21, 2012 10:45 Send this review to a friend
junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this item was purchased as a gift...after installing ,recieve was non existent..contacted manufacture and was told to return it..after returning it they promptly sent it back claiming the mounting holes had been drilled out..funny it was mounted useing dacron cord that fit very well in mounting holes...i would not recommend for any purpose

KB2VEC Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2012 16:22 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Does what it is sold for  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent for the antenna on a Sunday had it by Saturday. Put it up and had to replace my rat shack crimped connectors, But my first two contacts were Argentina and Armenia with 100 watts, a distance of 5600 miles each, and the next day Northern France. It is set up as a sloper going from 40ft up to about 20 ft above ground, facing NorthEast from the Jersey shore. I would recommend this antenna for those who have no real estate for long antennas. It does work.

KD8AMR Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2012 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My QTH is in the suburbs of Detroit. I have space limitations and a LOT of electrical noise in the area. I've spent a lot of money over the last 8 years trying to build/buy any antenna that would work for me to no avail. That is, until I purchased the Ultimax 100. This thing is amazing. I didn't know ham radio could be this much fun. My first contact was in California and I'm making contacts all over the place. Pretty much if I can hear em I can work em. Thanks Albert for building such a great antenna.