Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | ULTIMAX8040 DUAL BAND TRAP DOBLE BAZOOKA Help

Reviews Summary for ULTIMAX8040 DUAL BAND TRAP DOBLE BAZOOKA
ULTIMAX8040  DUAL BAND TRAP DOBLE BAZOOKA Reviews: 20 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99.00
Description: band coverage: 40 & 80 meters amateur bands
coax asamble: RG8X
insulators: PVC HD
polarization: horizontal ,inverted V fashion

More info: http://www.ultimax-antennas.com

You can write your own review of the ULTIMAX8040 DUAL BAND TRAP DOBLE BAZOOKA.

VA3AVT Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2012 08:19 Send this review to a friend
I call it the Super EZ antenna   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iíve had this antenna for over 3 mouths now and I get excellent reports from it. Simply the best wirer antenna I have used. Tuning is super easy. This antenna is well worth the money for the performance it gives you for your dollar spent. Trust me, this is the antenna youíre looking for if you want no headaches. Just put it up do a simply adjustment for 80m to tune where you talk the most and your dun.. 40m is flat on the entire band. Even when you tuning for 80m. It wonít move.

As far as power handing goís. This antenna takes everything my Alpha 87A and my Henrys can throw at it so donít worries about burning it up Eh.

Thanks ultimax for a great antenna.

VA3AVT

N5NLR Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2012 22:06 Send this review to a friend
perfect antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Their is nothing I can say, all the comments about this antenna are truth, it works perfect, my previous antenna was the g5rv by radio wavz what a piece of junk , with the ultimax I get reports 20, 30 even 40's never had before , very easy to tune if I can do it anybody can, if you are looking for a good antenna well constructed, this is it,I get between 3.725 to 3.900 1.0 max 2.0 swr and on 40 almost flat on phone I love this antenna.

WP4OCJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2011 07:12 Send this review to a friend
great antenna! adjust to my needs. 4.9/5.0  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ultimax 40-80m double bazooka

I have spend 8 months working with the Ultimax 40-80 meters bazzoka. first noted the construction of the coil made of hard pvc "scheduim 40" and stainless steel screws. i have a big problem with space restrictions so i had to be imaginative. it took me a lot of time to make it tune right cause of my space restriction issue. not the tipically 15 minutes, for me a week. i had installed at inverted v and L (sky view) at same time. see my qrz.com under WP4OCJ. the 40 meters section tunes at 1.1 for 7.000 & 1.0 at 3.815. my installation do not resonates at the center of the 40 meters band so it does at the start. i can't make it work wideband but it is once again cause of my hard working conditions by space restrictions. i have to use the antenna tunner at the upper of 40m bands and borders of 75 meters. for 80 meters it give me 80 mhz of wideband under 1.0 - 1.5 swr. this is great considering my working conditions. for make it right on 75m i had to fold about 4 feets each legs so it resonates. this numbers are great considering my space working conditions. center is about 30 feets tall only. generally bazookas are less affected by structures or cement than wire dipoles so this was the reason for me to decide for it.

my results:
It is working better than my 40-80 hombrew coil loaded dipole in reception and tx. It handle great my ameritron al-811h on 700 watts without problems. i had contacted all europe, middle east, north and sout america, india,and others where my dipole does not on 40 meters. on 80 it work great locally. for dx if dificult cause of the QRN in band but possible. i have confirmation from germany and others in Europe. before this one with my dipole (resonating) was hard to get the west coast of my island! now rocks! I'm sure if i could have a lot of space i would take too much advantage from it. So generally i am pleasant and happy of the results of this antenna how it works and the price. noted that materials are getting up.i highly recommend this product!
Best wiches from Puerto Rico.. for all 73'

KB5OZE Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2011 02:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent 6 months later!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well, it has been up in the air for 6 months now and still works like the day I set it up. The apex is at 52' on a crank up tower. When bad weather comes through, I just crank the tower down and when the bad weather clears, up goes the tower and Bazooka! This is just a great antenna all the way around.

CE3DNP Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2011 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A few nights ago I was running 40M CW. The pile-up of U.S. stations quickly formed, and that he was running 300 watts.
Very good reception in 80 and 40. You have to fight a bit to adjust, but that only refers to the height of the ends, as the manual says.
Mine was a 18 m high, v inverted.

W1LVL Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2011 08:00 Send this review to a friend
Good dual band HF antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The construction is decent and the 75/80 operation is better than the Alpha Delta DX-DD. The bandwidth is better and signals are a tad stonger in most cases. 40 meters appeared to be equal and the overall noise is a little less with the ULTIMAX8040.

W1LVL

W1LVL Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2011 07:57 Send this review to a friend
Good Dual band antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

W1LVL

FORMER_K0PD Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2010 07:47 Send this review to a friend
Really Good Antenna !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this antenna with high expectations and i was not dissapointed. Construction of the antenna is excellent and i'm hearing stations much better than with my windom.Signal reports i'm getting are great . The SWR's on 80 and 40 meters are very good and the bonus feature i was not expecting was the internal tuner on my Yaesu Mark V tunes all the bands quickly except 10 meters but the out board tuner tunes it.All i can say is buy one try one and enjoy using.

KB5OZE Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2010 15:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Put this antenna up at 50' as an inverted V. worked great on 40 right out of the box. 15 minutes of adjustment and it was resonent exactly where I wanted it on 80 Mtrs. The construction quality is top notch!

K6AFW Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2010 04:23 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANTENNA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one of the best built antennas I have seen. The quality of the materials, ease of installation, and the customer service is outstanding. It tunes perfectly "out-of-the-box" on 40 and with a couple twists on the tuner it resonates great on 75/80 without any modification to the design. I use an AL-1200 and get a flat match using full power. The manufacture sent very clear instructions on tuning the antenna.

A GREAT PRODUCT and I WILL buy other antennas.