Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MEGA-WATT S-400-12 Help

Reviews Summary for MEGA-WATT S-400-12
MEGA-WATT S-400-12 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $65.00 + 5.00 SHIPPING
Description: SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY 13.8 VOLTS DC AT 35 AMPS 80% DUTY CYCLE 30 AMPS 100% DUTY CYCLE
More info: http://EBAY SELLER ELECTRONICS_5000

You can write your own review of the MEGA-WATT S-400-12.

K2OWK Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2011 20:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent supply after 8 months of use  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using this supply for 8 months now with no problems. I use it to run my Yaesu FT-450AT. The voltage does not vary more then .1 volts from transmitt to receive. The only thing I added to it was a digital voltmeter I purchased on EBay for 99 cents + 2.99 shipping. It is a large readout with a bright blue backround that make it easy for me to see. I use it to monitor the DC out before I turn on my 450, just for my peace of mind, but again I have never had any problems to date with this supply.

W4EAL Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2011 13:59 Send this review to a friend
A great PS @ excellent price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After 8 years my MFJ Mighty Lite PS decided it was time to retire. So I went looking for a successor. After much searching I found this unit. Being skeptical and cheap I said what the heck for $70 shipped I couldn't lose. I did not lose. I could not be happier. This no frills workhouse is a perfect supply for the shack and/or bench. Fan runs always but so little noise you have to really get close to hear it run. No noticeable hash transmitted or received. Variable DC output from about 9 volts to about 15volts. I will be ordering another for another stack of gear soon. 2 year warranty.

AJ4GQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2010 06:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works as advertised. Very quiet fan, no RF noise detected. Stable and loafs along while powering my FT-950 and the rest of the shack. Excellent customer service and communication from John. Patiently answered all of my questions. I'm impressed. Will update in a year or so.

K2OWK Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2010 14:25 Send this review to a friend
LOW NOISE SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only had this power supply for a few weeks, but so far it has provided outstanding performance connected to my Yaesu FT-450AT transceiver. The supply is very basic and industrial looking. It has an aluminum case that measures 8 1/2"X4 1/2"X 2". Its weight is 2.00 lbs. Power input voltage is 100 to 120 VAC or 200 to 240 VAC 50/60 HZ selectable by a switch recessed on the side of the case. Before connecting it to my new transceiver I gave this supply a bench test and 24 hour burn in. I observed the following. Adjustment range 9.11 volts minimum, 15.73 volts maximum. After setting the supply at 13.84 volts DC. AC Ripple was 35 mv P-P no load. 60 mv P-P with 8 amp resistive load. Change in output voltage from no load to 8 amp load 0. After connecting it to my transceiver I checked for power supply noise on all the ham bands. There was non observed. During transmitt the the 13.84 volt DC setting remained constant. I do not know how well this supply will hold up over time. The manufacturer's MTBF calls for 2334.3K hours minimum. MIL-HDBK-217F at 25 degrees C. There is no country of manufacture listed for this supply. The power supply is supplied with an AC power cord with an in line switch for testing. The supply comes with a 2 year warranty. This is a preliminary review and I will update it in the future or if any problems develope. Just a note the picture shows two power supplies one on top of the other to show both front and back view.