Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | ZeroFive 6-30 METER MULTIBAND VERTICAL GROUNDPLANE Help

Reviews Summary for ZeroFive 6-30 METER MULTIBAND VERTICAL GROUNDPLANE
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $319
Description: The 6-30 meter groundplane vertical is a rugged multiband vertical. Designed for hams that do not have room for ground radials.This vertical has 4 ridged aluminum radials 100 inches long each and can be mounted at any height above 6 feet of the ground.The element and radials are made from T- 832 Drawn aircraft aluminum tubing.The CNC machined base tube is made from 2 1/4 inch 1/4 wall T-6 extruded aluminum tubing.The mounting pegs for the radials are solid aluminum pressed into the base tube and then Tig welded to ensure a good electrical connection.The base insulator is Fully CNC machined Black Delrin for excellent insulation and power handling.Comes complete with 5KW UNUN matching transformer and mounting plate with leads.

Bands of operation ---6/10/12/15/17/20/30 meters with full bandwidth
More info: http://www.zerofive-antennas.com

You can write your own review of the ZeroFive 6-30 METER MULTIBAND VERTICAL GROUNDPLANE.

AG6HS Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2012 00:51 Send this review to a friend
Running Great, Looking Good!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello again. Back after about a year, having added the "Full Monty", and an MFJ remote auto tuner, can run all bands 3-21 MHz under 1.2:1. The combo has at 8-12db advantage over my short folded dipole most of the time, depending on propagation conditions. The antenna is still perfectly straight as are the radials...this thing is ruggedly built.

AG6HS Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2012 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Efficient and rugged.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this antenna due to the high ratings, and the overall lower height (the usual neighbor / city code issues).

It's solidly designed and well-built; the only self standing vertical I've seen that I would trust to remain vertical in a storm. Speaking of which, the day after I errected it, we had a good little storm w/45+ MPH gusty winds; no issues, perfectly straight.

Comes as a nested kit which does not need detailed assembly directions, takes only a few minutes. Appreciated the SS hardware; it will not rust or corrode.

I pole-mounted it with the pole braced to the house to comply with city code; it's also very strong. Assembled all parts to the marks as-received; TS-2000 internal tuner made 40m to 6m, but failed on 10m. 40m band was not expected. Probably an effect of the close mounting to the wire in the stucco walls of the house.

Can't say enough about how responsive and helpful Tom (Zero Five Chief Honcho) has been.

Per discussons with Tom, this antenna is the same as the 40m-variant, just fewer sections. After seeing it errected, and the tuning results, I've ordered the additional sections. Will report back on how it goes after they are installed, and I go through at least one pass of adjusting the elements, tweaking the coax, etc.

Minor note: the antenna I received has six groundplane radials, not four.

KC0AYP Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2011 10:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one very well built antenna.
I have worked alot of dx all over the world with this antenna.
I have it up on a 22 foot mast.
Its fast and easy to put up.
No coils or traps to mess with.
I have not used 6 meters yet i have used 20 thru 10 with very good reports of 59+ with 200 watts with a ft-1000mp mark v.
The tuner in the mark 5 tunes this antenna even on 40 meters.
I use a als600 amp with the antenna and a mfj 998 auto tuner with no issues as well with a icom 756 pro 2. a very good antenna.
And Tom is there if you need anything.

W3SIX Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2010 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna, like its 10-40 meter cousin, is built to last. It went together quickly - the sections are already marked - just slide together and tighten the clamps. I put it on a
pipe just 8 feet above ground. Another 4 feet of the pipe is set in concrete. I used the old pour a bag in the hole, add water, and repeat. No mixing.
Although rated for full-bandwidth 6-30 meters, I operate every day on the General Class portion of 40 meter SSB, using my LDG Autotuner. I have worked coast to coast and Spain, Italy, England, France, Columbia, etc. with 100 watts. They hear me just as well as I hear them. I am very well pleased to have a great HF antenna, and when old SOL favors us again, 6 meters also.
I recommend it.