Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | CHAMELEON V11 HF/VHF/UHF Multiband Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for CHAMELEON V11 HF/VHF/UHF Multiband Antenna
CHAMELEON V11 HF/VHF/UHF Multiband Antenna Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $420
Description: The CHAMELEON V11 HF/VHF/UHF Multiband Antenna is a great and easy to erect dipole antenna for permanent, semi- permanent and portable installation.

Almost invisible to an untrained eye the Chameleon Antennas are among the best stealth and compact multiband antennas for Antenna Restricted Community on the market.

Specifications:

Size: Overall length approx. 16’8"
Frequency Range: 80/60/40/30/20/17/15/12/11/10/6M + 2M/1.25M/70cm (144MHz – 500MHz) + USAF MARS/CAP (3.3MHz, 4.5MHz & 7.6MHz).
Wave Propagation: Omni-directional
Max Power: 500 Watts SSB
Connectors: 3/8-24

The Chameleon Antenna have won respect from world wide operators and disaster preparedness personals such as MARS for exceptional durability, strong communications capability and easy to use antenna system.
More info: http://www.chameleonantennas.com

You can write your own review of the CHAMELEON V11 HF/VHF/UHF Multiband Antenna.

KG4UHV Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2017 21:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great antenna and excellent customer service as well.

K5NC Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2013 15:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna - Excellent support.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this little wonder several months ago on the ebay as new. Tied up with work did not have a time to put it up and try it. When finally found the time I also found out that antenna was defective. To make long story short I contacted Carl Lavoie the owner of the antenna manufacturing company. He promised to replace the affected parts as well as add some additional components that I originally did not even purchased. The shipment arrived in couple of days with everything as promised. I temporarily mounted my little wonder about 25 feet up behind the tree at my house in horizontal position. Since I installed it only last month I did not have much time to play with it; however, I have made several stateside contacts with the nice results. I also plan to use it portable and then I will write another review. The main reason to write this review is to point out the great customer support - best I have seen in years!

KB3YHR Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2012 06:43 Send this review to a friend
Compact antenna for those with HOA restrictions  Time owned: more than 12 months
Using my V11 as a vertical mounted to a military surplus mast. A profile that blends into the background while still providing solid performance on all bands. Paired with the MIL Whip the performance is improved on the 80M and 160M bands while still retaining higher band capability.

AC2AE Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2012 22:31 Send this review to a friend
Every ham should have one.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a great antenna especially if your in an antenna restricted area,I have been making contacts all over the world,,,,and carl it was a pleasure speaking to him. so far so good...80m-10m no problem.... but, you could bet I'm gonna be testing it portable very soon... let you know how it goes...

AC2AE

N4DOV Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2011 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Small giant  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
They say the "proof is in the pudding". i have made contacts on 12 and 17 meters with Europe(Isle of Man,Spain,Italy,Austria) Central/South America(Costa Rica,Venezuela) Africa(Tl0A in Central African Republic)and Pacific(3D2R expedition on Rotuma).V11 is centered at 25foot in vertical orientation and well grounded. Sure it is not a yagi,but for those of us who live in restricted neighborhoods it may well be the answer.Carl, the Forum Administrator at Chameleonantenna.com is very quick to answer questions. So in summary "the pudding" tastes great.

WB5JFK Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2011 05:31 Send this review to a friend
V11 Verticle Dipole Configuration  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Setup: Kenwood TS-590 barefoot power with an LDG AT-200 Pro Antenna Tuner. V11 mast mounted (on light duty aluminum tubing without guy ropes) at only about 20 ft vertically. I have on a consistent basis had excellent receive and made contacts and signal reports on par with others in my area working the same station on much more robust antenna and rig setups and similar power output. This was mostly on 17 Meters through 80 Meters. I am planning on trying it out on VHF. The durability of this product is excellent. We recently had storms with very high winds and gusts to 70mph. As mentioned above it is mounted on light aluminum mast without guy ropes and survived unscathed!! All around our neighborhood there was extensive wind damage but the antenna and mast survived! Finally I have to say that Chameleon customer service is the best I have encountered. Steve (I think he is the owner) was stellar in addressing my questions and concerns. I plan on setting up a V2 on my truck and try it mobile. I will submit a review of that in the near future.

AB0PB Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2010 16:16 Send this review to a friend
V-11 Installed and tested by AB0PB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
AB0PB:
Good day to the readers of this post. I am new owner of a V-11 antenna also living in a restricted planed community here in Harrisburg, PA. Quite a bit of energy was spent on finding the right antenna to do the job. After doing a lot of research, I chose the V-11. Steve Deins at Chameleon Antennas was very helpful answering all of my questions and made a few suggestions of his own. I felt like I made a friend not just a purchase from the company. I have been an extra class operator for 10+ years and this antenna sounded too good to be true. Lots of companies lay claim to very grandiose specs and after you read the fine print, they become more work than what they’re worth. I bought the antenna from an eBay reseller that delivered the antenna without a single problem. As per Steve and the included instructions, the project went up without a hitch. This antenna will do 70 cm. thru 80 meters with a flat SWR using a tuner. No tuner needed on 2 meters or 70 centimeters. My station consists of an Icom IC-7000 using a LDG IT-100 tuner. The antenna is 20 feet in the air to the center of the antenna in a vertical position. The first station I heard was from Poland. Due to only 100 watts out and much larger stations working him, I was unable to make the contact. Having heard Poland in those band conditions, that told me I made the right decision in an antenna purchase and peace of mind. You cannot work a station if you can’t hear them. So at some future point I will have to add a little more power to the station. During fair to bad band conditions I was able to work the gulf coast of southern Mississippi (5, 5). Followed by another mobile station in southern Florida (5, 3) at around 3pm my time. This antenna is well made and at a price point that is very attractive. Each antenna comes in two pieces that screw together in the middle. I would and did use some rubber insulating tape where they joined to keep moisture out. If you have been looking for a rotatable dipole or a vertical for you station this is the one that will give you a big bang for your buying dollar, with a very easy installation. This antenna does what it says it can do. NO BS about it. Look at you tube and other sites to see it for yourself. I did also and the videos don’t lie.

Enjoy: Jeffrey T Sanford AB0PB