Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | OptiBeam OB2-80s 2el extra shortened 80m monoband Yagi Help

Reviews Summary for OptiBeam OB2-80s 2el extra shortened 80m monoband Yagi
OptiBeam OB2-80s 2el extra shortened 80m monoband Yagi Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $approx. 5000USD
Description: Extremely efficient trapless 2el 80m Yagi on a 10 meter (33 foot) long boom with just 17.60 meter (58 foot) long elements. Lossfree shortened elements by software designed and absolutely unique high Q coils and a likewise software designed high efficient end loading. Fed through a high quality Array Solutions 5 KW 1:2 balun. Robust like a tank and optically extremely attractive due to a stirdy square boom and V-trussed elements. By the use of the OptiBeam „multi switch system“ coverage of a total of 180 khz in three SSB segments plus 60 khz in the CW part. A real compact 2el 80m Yagi, but for highest demands.
More info: http://www.optibeam.de

You can write your own review of the OptiBeam OB2-80s 2el extra shortened 80m monoband Yagi.

VE7KET Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2010 22:13 Send this review to a friend
The right product-the right timing!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This remarkable antenna appeared on the market this summer. It was just the right time for me.I had been dissatisfied with various single and paired wires, both vertical and horizontal, over several years and I needed a solution that would fit my lot size.
So this summer, when Array Solutions advertised a novel Optibeam 2 element yagi shortened to a manageable size for the average ham, I dug deep in my pocket for US dollars and ordered one. 7 weeks later I had the antenna assembled...in an average size yard.
I must say, I have not regretted the expenditure. What beautiful aluminum! Design, production and preassembly of critical parts and coils is exquisite. Even the element truss supports and the little nylon fittings and the blue truss ropes make me smile! And of course, Tom's attention to detail both in shipping and in support is remarkable.
The OB2-80S is now up 110ft where, indeed, it is no more obtrusive than my other antennas. It is effortlessly controlled by an M2 rotor. It seems remarkably quiet.I have found no need for the K9AY array. Moreover, I hear a lot of stations well that dont hear me. Maybe I need a second amp :) Time will tell...