Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | PYI Radio Covers Help

Reviews Summary for PYI Radio Covers
PYI Radio Covers Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Various
Description: Radio Covers
More info: http://pyiradiocovers.com

You can write your own review of the PYI Radio Covers.

W4JOP Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2017 05:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Covers!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the past few years, I have ordered six covers from Pat; all beautifully done and reasonably priced.

Highly recommend her and her products.

John
W4JOP

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2017 20:43 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful covers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered 4 covers from Ms. Pat about 2 weeks ago.Received them today and they are beautiful.Excellent workmanship and perfect fit.Have bought other covers at 4 times the price which are no better.She was a pleasure to deal with.Will be ordering more soon.Highly recommended.de K4IIE

KD4W Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2015 08:54 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent craftsmanship, nice materiel, perfect fit and a price that simply can't be beat. I don't know why she doesn't have the 100 percent of the cover market.
Oh yes, she is totally honest and will bend over backwards to correct a problem that was not even her fault (IE USPS incompetence.)

M0TEC Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2012 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product, service, and delivery  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a cover from Pat for my beloved Icom IC-756 Pro.

I ordered on 30th September, and it arrived on my doorstep this morning.

The cover itself is a very high quality product, and Pat made an amazing job of embroidering my call sign on it.

A very impressive product, at an amazing price!

I will not hesitate to buy again.

Thanks Pat!

K4CMD Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2012 23:41 Send this review to a friend
First-rate  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I "stumbled" across Pat at the Berryville (VA) Hamfest in July 2011. I didn't have much in my pocket -- I only came for some parts and connectors -- and she didn't ask for much either! I went home with a custom-fitting, professional and very well-made cover for my new FT-450D, complete with cutouts for the mike and even the front-panel key jack too. A very soft black grained vinyl outside and an even softer felt inside, embroidered with "Yaesu FT-450" in gold. Could've gotten my call if I'd wanted, but this way I figured I could sell the cover with the radio if & when the time comes. (And then I'll be calling Pat for a new one for the new rig!)

Thanks Pat. Your covers are functional, attractive and economical. Mine still looks like it did on day one.

KC2GLR Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2011 16:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Deal!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought two covers from Pat. She is very trustworthy and makes a great cover. Thanks again.

K6SBA Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2011 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Quality Covers at Great Prices  Time owned: more than 12 months
I now own four covers crafted by Pat. The material quality, workmanship and fit are superior to previous covers made by several suppliers that I have owned.

I needed a cutout for the mic connector on my Elecraft K3. Several suppliers said, "We can't do that with the material we use." It was a non-issue for Pat. Other makers use bare felt which they apparently take great pride in. Pat's covers are felt lined vinyl that is easy to clean when needed.

When my new autotuner from Elecraft is shipped, my next purchase will be a cover from PYI Radio Covers.

Highly Recommended!

73 de K6SBA
David in Santa Barbara, CA

K5YBX Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2011 09:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Based on earlier reviews, I ordered a cover for my FT-897. It looks great and fits perfectly.

K5RG Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2011 10:11 Send this review to a friend
Superb Covers at a very nominal price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Pat Osburn, KI4RFT of PYI Radio Covers (Protect Your Investment Radio Covers) is my supplier of choice. Pat has two major shortcomings: (1) she doesnít charge enough for her excellent covers (a vinyl like material on the outside with a soft felt on the inside all with some very nice custom embroidery at no extra charge) and (2) she is too trustworthy (she sends you the cover before she expects payment). I met Pat at Dayton a few years back which was after Caron seemed to stop making her vinyl covers. In addition to Caron, I have radio covers from Stan, W6ON. All of these have supplied good covers although I donít prefer Stanís normal wool/felt covers. Based on the four covers I have from PYI Radio Covers, you canít find a better cover for the money. The low price is only an extra benefit. Pat also has an excellent knowledge of what is required for a dust cover. After I sent her my NASA standard set of requirements (i.e. very detailed) for a customized radio cover, she made two improvements that were outstanding and demonstrated that I really didnít have a firm grasp of what was needed. She has handled covers for my boat anchors without any problems. Patís direct email is dancerwbe@mindspring.com As Pat states her dust covers are a very good investment. I wholeheartedly agree.

K6SBA Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2010 20:48 Send this review to a friend
Quality & Good Looks!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased covers for my Elecraft K3 & P3 from Pat. I am really impressed by the quality of the felt lined vinyl and excellent construction. The covers fit perfectly and are several levels better than a previous cover made by another vendor (felt only and pretty raw construction). Pat's covers are a great solution to protecting your equipment. Her prices are very reasonable and, in my opinion, the quality could certainly command higher prices.

Highly Recommended!!