Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw Help

Reviews Summary for W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw
W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$38.99
Description: W8AMZ G5RV Jr. Multi-Band ANTENNA

Covering 10m 40m

Simply, Without a Doubt, The Best Built G5RV On The Market

This is a very rugged dependable verision of the Original Classic G5RV Jr. 10m 40m Multi Band Dipole Antenna. Utilizing Rugged 450 ohm Balanced Window Line. For Many Years Of Dependable Service.
More info: http://WWW.EBAY.COM

You can write your own review of the W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw.

KK4RXC Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 04:31 Send this review to a friend
I would not have believed this works so well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered one of these to fit my space restriction. Up nearly flat at 35 feet. 80 countries so far. I am a believer.

W9OOO Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2013 18:55 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna! Tom is very honest person.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm using this antenna over two years. Works perfect even with my limited space and 30 feet up only. Anyway I'm most of the time first called during pile ups (using 500W). 40M QRN are no problem for me, so I do not need another receiving antenna. It works so wonderful, that I decided to order the one from 80m and up. (My neighbor agreed and I can use her huge tree. It's probably kind of re-compensation for these leaves I can find each fall on my property and I must to take care of it :))
Well, I called Tom, he is very nice and honest person. I'm going to get my antenna probably this week, but Tom is overworked, he ships monthly 800 different antennas all over the world. Best way to talk to him is to call him, it is very difficult for him to respond on all e-mails, because he gets over 100 e-mails everyday and he works with the product 12h/day. Sometimes you need to wait little bit (2 - 3 weeks) to get your antenna, but it's worth. It is not one of the best G5RVs - It is the only and the best G5RV Antenna.
Thank you Tom!

W2UIS Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2013 19:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I replaced a damaged vertical antenna with this one installed as an inverted v on an aluminum mast that supports my Diamond X50. The antenna peak is at 24 feet. With 75 feet of coax and an LDG Z-100 Plus auto tuner the setup cost $300. Very reasonable price for a complete hf antenna that will tune 75 to 6 meters phone.

I now spend most of my operating time on 40 meter phone.

I have since purchased and put in storage a second antenna should the current one get damaged.

WB6YIY Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2013 11:23 Send this review to a friend
A++++  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Super all the way around,construction: TOP NOTCH
Work's GREAT on All Bands,80 thru 10 and the WARC Bands!Antenna just clears the ground by abt 10" or so and work's GREAT! Also I haven't had 80/75 for I don't know how long but with my MFJ Deluxe Versa Tuner II it's now bk!! Keep up the Great Product
Tom.. Al WB6YIY

KV4PL Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2013 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Works great for my location  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm limited in my location on where I can put an antenna. I don't have any tall trees, so I supported the center from a 20' mast in an inverted V to the tallest trees in my yard. First hour I made 3 dx contacts, Czech Republic, Poland and Hawaii.

KD7UXQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2013 08:15 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: more than 12 months
It takes more than a length of wire, tag & feed point to make a great G5RV antenna. It takes quality materials, solid construction and design.

For three years now, in the depths of sullen solar activity, I've had solid performance on HF.

I have a small base station. Simply, a Icom IC7000, LDG IT100 ATU, and Alinco power supply.

I remain convinced, that the most important component of any radio system is the antenna.

Without side-by-side comparisons, it is intuitively difficult to objectively assess how efficient and effective an antenna system is.

SWR, and field strength give you a hint of transmissions, but reception remains a hazy question.

It's primarily subjective and like transmission, dependent on a number of other variables. Namely, ground conditions, antenna height & orientation, and your system components. One can only guess.

I love the performance of my system. And one would want to grant credit to anything but an antenna. But alas... the W8ANZ G5RV Jr. deserves most of it.

I highly recommend W8AMZ products... Amazing!

KD7UXQ

K2GT Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2013 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Love it!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Even though it's incredibly well made and sealed, a branch got to it and broke one of the wires. I called Tom and he gave me some great ideas for an easy fix. Did I mention the part about 63 countries in 3 months? The only reason I knew it broke was because 90% of the sigs were no longer 5-9+!. This is a great antenna.

EI4GMB Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2012 06:16 Send this review to a friend
DXCC with G5RV Jr. !!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The G5RV Jr.(51ft)(10m,20m,40m) was the first antenna I purchased as a Radio Amateur.
I installed it approx 35ft above the ground and sloping northwards in an east-west configuration.
During sunspot minimum and using just 100W, I reached Phone DXCC with contacts on 5 out of 6 continents!!!
It is truly a remarkable antenna. I have since bought a Carolina Windom at 4 times the price and in many instances the G5RV Jr. is better, so much so that I find myself constantly switching back to it!!! It is indeed a superb limited space antenna and even outperformed a vertical that I eventually took down.
If you buy this antenna you will not be disappointed.
It will definitely exceed your expectations!!!

W8VFM Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2012 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Good quality and value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am in a restricted area for antennas. I put the G5RV Jr. up on the peak of the roof of my mobile home. It works fine and exceeds my expectations. The workmanship is very good and at the price the antenna is a great value. Properly installed, as instructed, you will not be disappointed. Keep up the good work Tom.

KD7UXQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2011 09:44 Send this review to a friend
Lovin' it!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've read the reviews... And thought to write this one. This antenna merits an excellent review. It's top quality, well designed and constructed, and a performs. Period.

Given it's performance and the service I received from W8AMZ, and not to mention the low price, value and outstanding quality. (drum roll). I rate it a solid 6/5!

I like DX Engineering too... In my opinion, they should consider marketing W8AMZ products.