Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw Help

Reviews Summary for W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw
W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw Reviews: 23 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$38.99
Description: W8AMZ G5RV Jr. Multi-Band ANTENNA

Covering 10m Ė 40m

Simply, Without a Doubt, The Best Built G5RV On The Market

This is a very rugged dependable verision of the Original Classic G5RV Jr. 10m Ė 40m Multi Band Dipole Antenna. Utilizing Rugged 450 ohm Balanced Window Line. For Many Years Of Dependable Service.
More info: http://WWW.EBAY.COM

You can write your own review of the W8AMZ G5RV Jr. 10m-40m Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna 2Kw.

NY7Q Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2015 11:27 Send this review to a friend
g5rv w8amz  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using one about 3 years now...It plays great and impressed by construction...last through a couple severe Ice storms. W8AMZ HAS THE BEST OF ALL.

WA3YUR Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2015 23:09 Send this review to a friend
No Regrets... A+  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been building wire antennas since I got my ticket in Jr. High School.. .. .. One day I just said F*** IT ! It's time to buy a pre-made one. For the cost of materials, time, etc. I couldn't go wrong in a pre fab. I was 100% satisfied with all facets of the G5RV Jr. by W8AMZ.
A+ craftsmanship.

WU3D Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2015 22:09 Send this review to a friend
The G5RV Jr.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, I finally got the G5RV Jr up and it is all it's made out to be. I bought the W8AMZ G5RV Jr. and the build is awesome ! Put it up at 20 feet and the recieve signals jumped up by 2 to 3 s units.I just finished a contact to IT9SVJ in Italy with 85 watts on 20 meters tonight ! Great antenna and great support You wont be sorry buying a W8AMZ antenna!

K8RDG Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2014 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Wow  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna last month. The construction quality is superb. The antenna tunes with my TS-2000 and TS-570 on 6-40 meters with 100 watts output, no problem. For 17 & 80 meters, however, I use my LDG AT-11MP tuner, and it tunes to less than 1.5:1 SWR. The antenna is hung 10 meters high (30í) in a slight inverted V manner, and I use the required 70í (min) of coax (RG8) with an air core choke balun. I do not use an in-line balun. I replaced a faithful MFJ G5RV Jr which didnít tune quite as well, even with the same coax configuration, thus the external tuner was purchased. Performance-wise, the W8AMZ G5RV Jr isnít affected by the weather like the MFJ seemed to be, and it seems to work a little better, but itís difficult to tell as propagation is currently changing. Within the first week, from my QTH in southeast Michigan, I worked Brazil, Madeira Island, Sweden, Netherlands, Alaska, and Guam on SSB on various bands, and even worked Argentina - on 10 meters FM simplex for the first time. I would highly recommend this antenna to anyone who is limited on space and wants a good quality, well performing, simple to install, worry free antenna.

K4NUC Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2014 08:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna for small areas.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this antenna about a year ago and have it up at a height of about 9 meters. It is mounted as an inverted V. I have a 1 to 1 balun attached and fed with 100 feet ( they recommend 70) of RG58x. Not the best setup, but it works well enough. I've worked well over 100 countries with it now using no more than 100 watts. (Made my first VK contacts last night from the mid-Atlantic east coast US). The noise levels are fairly low, it receives well, and with a YT-100 antenna tuner connected to my FT897D, the SWR readings are flat across the band. It will tune from 80 meters to 6 meters, even though it's not designed for 80. Just for fun I tried tuning in 160 meters, but it wasn't hapenning. It is shorter in length than I thought it would be to work well., but it really works great. I'm happy with it.

N9ZQZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2014 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a well made G5RV Jr. I have mine at 25 feet in the air and received signals are terrific!!! I am unable to transmit until I get my general but man does this antenna receive. I helped a fellow operator put up an MFJ version and this one is made much better. Stronger connections and weather sealed. I highly recommend this antenna. Well worth the money. Just follow the directions and you should have no issues!!

VK2QE Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2014 21:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent aerial  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Professionally made top quality aerial. Operationally, when compared to my 40 meter band dipole band noise was 3 S points lower and signals about 2 to 3 S points better. With my TS 2000 auto tuner this aerial works every band from 40 to 6 metres with great results. Bought it on Ebay, was delivered in Australia 1 week after purchased. All round excellent service, coulnt be happier with it.

KC1AKV Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2014 08:43 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have installed my W8AMZ g5rv Jr as a N/S directional antenna up in the trees at 25 ft to go with my other dipoles which mostly face easterly/westerly. This antenna tuned up on all bands quickly on my Palstar AT-2K manual tuner and it added 15 meters to my capability which my OFC dipole would not do.My signal reports have been excellent to date. I am very happy that I installed it.

W4MPL Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2014 15:19 Send this review to a friend
She's working great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Due to those dreaded HOA covenants it says "No Antennas" I was looking for an antenna that I could put up in the back yard that could be stealthy. I have two Maple trees and an Oak tree all about 40 feet up in growth. I looked at various dipoles and with the measurements between the trees decided that I'd try this antenna. The antenna seemed to be a good strong antenna and manufactured well. I sprayed the entire antenna with a brown camouflage paint and about a month ago hoisted it up about 30 feet in the oak tree. I installed it in an inverted "V" configuration stretched between the other two trees.I put fishing line on the end and draped the fishing line over the two outer tree branches about 10 feet up with a heavy weight on the end. You have to look real hard to see the antenna and it blends in just fine. Well let me tell you it has no problem getting out. Just made contact with Slovenia, last night Russia, have made contact with Ireland, Czech Republic all running barefoot with the 100 watt Yaesu. It tunes up on 20, 40 and 80 meters and the other bands well. SWR on the 18M band is a bit high, 2.0, but still worked Slovenia a little while ago. I'm sold and happy!

KK4RXC Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 04:31 Send this review to a friend
I would not have believed this works so well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered one of these to fit my space restriction. Up nearly flat at 35 feet. 80 countries so far. I am a believer.